Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion to air on Disney
'Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion' will be aired on Disney XD in October.
The animated one-hour movie - which received rave reviews at Comic-Con in San Diego, California last month - is to usher in new series 'Star Wars Rebels' when it is shown on the channel in October, prior to Rebels' late October launch date.
The TV movie's story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy and the motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost are among the few brave enough to stand up against them.
Freddie Prinze Jr. provides the voice of cowboy Jedi Kanan, while Vanessa Marshall stars as ace pilot Hera and Steve Blum takes on the role of the ''muscle'' Zeb, and together they face threatening new villains, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.
'Star Wars Rebels' is created by Dave Filoni of 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars', X-Men: Days of Future Past director Simon Kinberg and Carrie Beck with Filoni and Kinberg also acting as executive producers for The Lucasfilm Animation production alongside Greg Weisman.
The series will air on Disney XD in over 30 languages across 163 different countries in over 400 million households.20-08-2014
- Mary Berry wins Outstanding Achievement Award
- Calum Best offered £50,000 for Celebrity Big Brother
- Gemma Collins returns to The Only Way Is Essex
- Carl Fogarty and Jimmy Bullard rescued from storm
- Nadia Forde's ill mother 'rooting for her' in the jungle
- James Hill loved banter with Lord Sugar
- Sam Faiers wants to compete on Strictly Come Dancing
- Linda Henry faces trial