Thom Evans to compete on Strictly Come Dancing
Thom Evans has confirmed he will take part in the upcoming series of 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The former professional rugby player - who has previously dated Kelly Brook and American actress Jessica Lowndes - has revealed he is to take to the dancefloor in the 2014 series of the BBC One reality show.
He made the announcement in a video clip on the official Vine account of 'Strictly Come Dancing', in which he is seen tossing a rugby ball away in favour of a shiny disco ball.
He said: ''I am so happy to be doing the show, I cannot wait to get started.
''I'm really looking forward to my Strictly makeover - bring on Strictly and bring on the spandex.''
The 29-year-old athlete - who has won ten caps for the Scotland rugby team and has also played for the London Wasps and Glasgow Warriors - was first rumoured to be in talks to appear on the show last month when it was reported bosses were hoping he'd bring in even more female viewers.
Thom will be joining already confirmed contestants, The Saturdays singer Frankie Sandford, tennis ace Andy Murray's mother Judy Murray, 'This Morning' presenter Alison Hammond and 'EastEnders' actor Jake Wood.
Other celebrities rumoured to be being lined up for the show include former 'The Only Way Is Essex' star Mark Wright and 'Match of the Day' pundit Alan Hansen.20-08-2014
- Fearne Cotton is pregnant and leaving BBC Radio 1
- Dynamo wants Prince Charles to support him on tour
- TFI Friday to return for anniversary special
- Kevin Spacey wants to make House of Cards blooper reel
- Gemma Atkinson to be 'Del Boy' of Emmerdale
- Dan Osborne interviewed by police
- Nev Schulman wants UK version of Catfish
- Ferne McCann: I hate confrontation