Martin Freeman: New Sherlock 'full of surprises'
Martin Freeman says the new series of 'Sherlock' is ''full of surprises''.
Following show creator Steven Moffat's hint the fourth series of the BBC detective drama will be ''devastating'' and reduced the cast to tears, the actor - who plays Dr. John Watson - has teased the upcoming episodes will take an ''unexpected'' turn.
Speaking on BBC Radio Wales, he explained: ''It's going to be full of surprises for you, and for us and for everybody. I think we just know to expect the unexpected now.
''What has been explained to me and Ben [Cumberbatch] and Amanda Abbington - my missus who plays Mary - has been very exciting.
''The plans they have got for the overarching series - oh man, it's just so exciting!''
Martin earned an Emmy Award for his role over the weekend, as did Benedict Cumberbatch, and the 42-year-old star is awed by the show's success in both the UK and internationally.
He added: ''It keeps going from strength to strength really. We're all very proud of it, we're all very pleased to be in it and involved in it. I think, as a nation, it's one of the UK's finest exports.''
Show boss Steven recently revealed that plans for the fourth series of 'Sherlock' will top the acclaimed third series, but there may be tears ahead for viewers.
He cryptically said: ''We have a plan to top it -- and actually I do think our plan is devastating. We practically reduced our cast to tears by telling them the plan.
''Honestly, Mark [Gatiss] and myself are so excited with what we've got coming up, probably more excited than we've ever been about Sherlock. ... Honestly I think we can [top the last season].''28-08-2014
- Stevi Ritchie and Chloe Jasmine planning honeymoon to Mauritius
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini wouldn't welcome Louis Walsh's return
- Charley Webb 'enjoyed' labour
- Cadbury's launch new campaign to find new Milk Tray Man or Woman
- Rylan Clarke pleads with Cheryl Fernandez-Versini to sing at his wedding
- Strictly Come Dancing: Craig Revel Horwood was 'too soft' last year
- Bobby Norris wishes Gemma Collins the best
- David Harewood to play next James Bond?