Mary Berry rubbishes Great British Bake Off sabotage talk
Mary Berry has rubbished claims Iain Watters' ice cream was sabotaged on 'The Great British Bake Off' last night (27.08.14).
The 79-year-old food writer and presenter - who is a judge alongside Paul Hollywood on the BBC One baking contest - has spoken out following last night's episode, which saw Iain voted off the show for throwing his melted baked alaska into the bin after fellow contestant Diana Beard removed it from the freezer.
Quizzed on whether Diana was to blame, Mary told 'The Chris Evans Breakfast Show' on BBC Radio 2: ''Oh, that's not so. It was very tense on the day because, imagine, the sun was shining, it was a really warm day and that was the day they were making ice cream.
''But they all tackled it well, remember they're all in the same boat and we have freezers and it's just a matter of managing them and they had to get ahead right at the beginning.
''I mean it was so unfortunate because he is, without a doubt a brilliant baker and we saw a great future for him. But, if you can't present something at the end, what can we judge him on?''
However, the queen of cakes went on to praise the bearded baker for his courage in coming back to face the music.
She added: ''But, I mean, full marks to him. You go out, you make a mistake, and we all do it, and he stormed out of the tent - but he came back. And, you know, his character is really great. He knew he did something wrong and he came back and he faced us and lost, I mean it's good isn't it?''
When asked for the final time if claims Diana had sabotaged Iain were true, she added: ''What absolute rubbish.''28-08-2014
- Olly Murs and Caroline Flack for X Factor?
- Danniella Westbrook launches deals website
- Gary Beadle and Aaron Chalmers didn't miss Vicky Pattison
- Dermot O'Leary won't return to The X Factor
- Stacey Solomon: Steve-O is a 'big kid'
- Jeremy Clarkson won't face charges after attacking Top Gear producer
- James 'Arg' Argent's 'whole lifestyle' has changed
- Lydia Bright wants to do I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!