Iain Watters to make Great British Bake Off return
Iain Watters has hinted he could be set to return to 'The Great British Bake Off'.
The bearded baker was voted of the BBC One show by judges Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry earlier this week when he threw his attempt at a Baked Alaska pudding in the bin after fellow contestant Diana Beard removed it from the freezer, causing it to melt.
It has since emerged that Diana - whose actions led viewers to brand her a saboteur - quit the show due to a mystery illness, and Iain's suggested he may be set to return in next week's episode.
Quizzed on whether he would be making a comeback on 'Newsnight', he said: ''You will have to watch next week.''
Meanwhile, the baking enthusiast from Northern Ireland claimed there were no hard feelings between him and Diana following the airing of the incident, which was filmed earlier this year along with the rest of the series.
He explained: ''I knew it was going to be quite a big thing as it was a big thing that happened on the show. The reaction has been crazy, there were a lot of comments on Twitter. It's been really nice support and really built up overnight.
''I was more frustrated and it was just the heat of the moment, in the last half hour of the show It got very tense.
''I've spoken to (Diana) and she's fine.''29-08-2014
- Ryan Thomas missing his girlfriend?
- Katherine Dow Blyton killing Emmerdale 'magic'
- Ukip candidate kicked off Gogglebox
- Solomon Akhtar relieved to be fired from The Apprentice
- Alesha Dixon dreams of emulating Oprah Winfrey
- Jim Davidson: I was 'depressed' in CBB
- Frankie Bridge: I don't feel like I've 'mastered' dancing
- Carl Fogarty: I'm too 'laid back' for showbusinesses