There’s a new special on the Gold menu telling the story of one of the UK’s most beloved sitcoms, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year
dinnerladies diaries, from Wednesday 14 March, 8pm, Gold (CH 124). Also available for 7 days in Catch Up > Channels > Gold
Have you ever wondered what goes into making a sitcom? Wonder no more, because Gold’s new documentary, dinnerladies diaries, is ready to take you behind the scenes of iconic British comedy dinnerladies.
The much-anticipated three-part series includes a look at creator and star Victoria Wood’s personal notebooks; backstage photos and studio records; chats with Wood’s co-stars; contributions from celeb fans like Jim Moir (aka Vic Reeves) and Jo Brand; and, perhaps best of all, never before seen footage of the making of the show.
It’s a heart-warming homage to one of the greatest female-led comedies of all time, and to celebrate the first episode and this week’s International Women’s Day, we’re giving you and three friends the chance to win a lavish weekend in London. This includes two nights’ bed & breakfast accommodation for four people at the 5-star ME Hotel, dinner for four at renowned chef and MasterChef: The Professionals judge Monica Galetti’s fabulous Mere restaurant and return first class train travel for four people to London.
All you have to do is answer this question by 15 March to be entered into our prize draw...
Which famous funny lady created dinnerladies?
A) Victoria Wood
B) Miranda Hart
C) Sarah Millican
Email your answer – A, B or C – to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk with “dinnerladies diaries” in the subject line by 11.59pm on 15 March and you and three friends could be heading to London. Fingers crossed!
This competition is now closed.
dinnerladies diaries – Virgin Media Competition Terms and Conditions (Promotion)
1. Open to Virgin Media customers aged 18 and over and resident in the United Kingdom except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. The Promotion closes at 11.59pm on Thursday 15 March 2018. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per household.
3. To enter the Promotion you must answer the question correctly by email to the address set out above.
4. There is 1 prize package – A luxury weekend in London for 1 customer and 3 friends (4 people in total). The prize consists of return off-peak 1st class train travel for winner and 3 friends to London from anywhere in the UK, return private transfers from the London railway station to the hotel, 2 nights’ accommodation for 4 people at the 5 star ME hotel in London, breakfast for 4 people in the hotel restaurant each morning and dinner and drinks for 4 people at Mere restaurant, London.
5. Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays (UK). Travel will be by train, must be off peak in 1st class and booked a minimum of 6 weeks in advance and excludes the sleeper service. Travel must be between March and December 2018. Transfers will be private and not shared with other passengers.
6. Hotel is classed as a 5 star and is based on 4 people sharing 2 double rooms with en-suite bathroom on a bed and breakfast bases. Twin rooms can be requested by cannot be guaranteed.
7. Winner and 3 friends to enjoy a 3 course meal from a set A la carte menu including half a bottle of house wine and mineral water each. Restaurant bookings are available up to 3 months in advance.
8. There will be 1 winner.
9. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than Friday 23rd March. You will be notified if you have won a prize by email and must claim your prize within 5 working days after having been notified. All prizes must be booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of initial correspondence.
10. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General Terms and Conditions apply.
For full Terms and Conditions click here.
Channels, content and features available depend on your chosen package.
TV channels: Channel line-ups are subject to change and regional variations. TV packs currently exclude some teletext services.