Offer ends in:
this is a test
Hello this is a test banner
Order by Last day
Sky Sports – half price for 6 months
Sky Sports on Virgin Media
Get everything Sky Sports has to offer with all eight Sky Sports channels, including Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports 5 and Sky Sports News HQ. With the Sky Sports app, you can stay on the ball when you’re on the go.
These terms and conditions set out the agreement between (1) you ('you' or 'your'); (2) Virgin Media Limited ('us', 'we' or 'our'); and (3) Virgin Media Payments Limited ('Virgin Media Payments').
Your use of the services will be governed by these terms and conditions. Please read through these terms and conditions carefully, as they form part of a legally binding agreement between us.
The words highlighted in bold throughout these terms and conditions have special meanings which can be found in the Glossary at the end of these terms and conditions. Also, where we say "include" or "including" in these terms and conditions and then give examples, it does not mean that these are the only examples of what we are referring to.
Summary of Terms:
The full terms of your agreement with Virgin Media are below and it’s important that you read and understand the terms and conditions before you order and start using our services. Just in case this summary and the full agreement seem to say different things the terms in the full agreement will be the terms that apply to your agreement.
1. Your right to cancel (cooling off rights) - see Section M
- You have the right to cancel the agreement within a 14 day cooling off period. You can cancel immediately during this time without having to pay an early disconnection fee.
- Section M.1 explains when the cooling off periods begins and ends
2. The minimum period of your agreement with us – see Section [ ]
- This agreement will continue for at least the minimum period that we explain to you before you start using our services – this will typically be 12 months, but we may offer services with minimum periods of 18 or 24 months.
- If you cancel this agreement before the minimum period has finished, you may have to pay an early disconnection fee. We will tell you how much this will be before you cancel. You can find out more details on the early disconnection fee by visiting [insert web address]
- After the minimum period has ended and unless we have agreed something different with you, the monthly charge for your services will move to the standard monthly price for the services you have taken. Generally, this will mean that you price will increase. We will have told you the standard month price at the time you entered the agreement but the standard price may have increased during your minimum period so please check on the Virgin Media website or call us on [xxxx xxxxx xxxx] for the update subscription charges.
- Once your minimum period ends we will continue providing you with the same services. If you want us to stop providing the services at the end of your minimum period you will need to give us at least 30 days’ notice as set out in Section N of the agreement.
3. Changes to prices, terms and conditions and the services we provide to you – Section N
- We may increase our charges under this agreement at any time. We may also change these terms and conditions and also the services that we have agreed to provide to you.
- if we increase the charges or if any of the changes to the terms and conditions or the services we provide to you are likely to materially disadvantage you, you can cancel this agreement by giving us 30 days’ notice in accordance with Section N, and you will not need to pay an early disconnection fee.
4. Moving Home
- Insert details re moving off-net and ETCs
- Insert detail of on net move and no ETC but continuation of minimum period.
5. Breaking this agreement (clause J)
6. Ending this agreement (clause J)
7. Your information (clause K)
8. [Anything else ]
[INDEX TO BE INSERTED HERE]
The words in bold throughout these terms and conditions have the following special meanings:
'cooling off period'
'matters beyond our reasonable control'
'normal working hours'
'other legal stuff'
'public communications provider'
'service start date'
'Virgin Media website'
A. The television service
1. We aim to offer a television service covering a wide range of interests.
2. We may add, remove, change or interrupt content from time to time, and do not guarantee the availability of any particular content. Sometimes this may be due to matters beyond our reasonable control. We will give you reasonable notice of content changes where it is possible to do so. We may not be able to show some content on certain devices, such as iPhones or Android phones, as the third party we license the content from may not allow us to do this.
3. Any example we have given of any content on the television service (including in advertisements, direct mail, in-store, on-line or on the telephone) is only an example of content that may be available as part of the television service at the time the example is given, and the example may not always be on the television service throughout the term of this agreement.
4. We have the right not to make a Pay-Per-View programme available to you if you do not meet credit conditions set by us or if you have failed to pay any charges you owe.
5. It is up to you to make sure that if minimum age recommendations apply to any part of the television service, those parts of the television service are not viewed by anyone below that minimum age.
6. We will not continue to provide you with the television service if we find out that you do not have a valid television licence.
1. If you are keeping an existing phone number but taking a phone line from us as part of the services, you authorise us to cancel that part of your agreement with your old provider which relates to renting that line. However, we cannot cancel any other agreements you may have with your old provider, for example, for renting equipment or for extra lines. Although we are usually able to arrange for you to keep your existing phone number when you transfer your line to us, we cannot guarantee this.
2. If we provide you with a phone line, and you don't ask us to transfer your existing number, we will allocate a number to your phone line. The telephone number and any rights in it belong to us and you may not sell or agree to transfer the number to any person.
3. You agree that we may give your name, address and phone number to the emergency services. Unless you tell us otherwise, we will also give these details to other authorised public communications providers and regulated directory service providers. This is so your details can be included in phone books and be obtained from publicly available directory enquiry services. We cannot accept any liability whatsoever for any failure by authorised public communications providers and regulated directory service providers to whom we provide information to comply with your listing request. We can tell you about other options that are available to protect and control how your information is used.
4. You accept that your phone number must not be advertised in or on a public telephone box. If this happens, we may immediately suspend the telephone services [AD1] or end this agreement. However, we will use reasonable endeavours to contact you before we take this action.
5. Your phone number and phone line are for private use by you and members of your household only. They must not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using the services for domestic purposes. However, this does not apply if and to the extent you are using HomeWorks.
6. Your phone package fees and call rates that are applicable from time to time may be viewed in our Tariff Guide, posted on this section of the Virgin Media website (www.virginmedia.com/callcosts). Otherwise, you can call us to request a copy. [OC2] Rates set out in the Tariff Guide take precedence over any rates shown in generic marketing material. We may notify you of fee and call rate changes by publishing an updated Tariff Guide on the Virgin Media website.
7. If your use of unlimited or no extra charge calls provided as part of a [your phone services exceeds that reasonably expected of a reasonable person using the services for domestic purposes (except if and to the extent you are using HomeWorks), we may:
(a) restrict, suspend or end your services; and/or
(b) charge you our standard rates as published in our latest Tariff Guide for any calls exceeding those reasonably expected of a person using the services for domestic purposes.
8. Call features and services functionality are subject to variation and may not be available in all network areas. See www.virginmedia.com/callcosts for details of call features.
9. Most security and personal alarms and health monitors should be compatible with our network. However, it is your responsibility to check with your alarm or monitor provider to ensure that your alarm or monitor is compatible. You should check that any other of your equipment is also compatible. Subject to paragraph R.1 below, we cannot accept responsibility for issues arising out of incompatibility.
10. We may provide your [phone services over our cable broadband network or over a traditional copper network. You agree that the following provisions apply (in addition to the terms and conditions above) if we have told you that your phone services will be provided over our cable broadband network:
(a) you should keep your broadband router plugged in and switched on at all times to make and receive calls; and
(b) you acknowledge that if there is a power or network outage, your phone services will not work and you will be unable to make or receive phone calls, including calls to the emergency services. You should keep a mobile phone handy and charged and use your mobile phone to call the emergency services should you need to.
11. If you have a security or personal alarm or health monitor, which is connected to your phone line, this will not work during a power or network outage. You should check with your alarm or monitor provider to see whether your alarm or monitor is connected to your phone line and if this affects you. Any other of your equipment which you connect to your phone line may also not work in an outage.
12. If a power or network outage occurs during a phone call, the call may continue for up to 10 seconds after the calling party has lost connection, and will be billed accordingly.
13. For customers with accessibility requirements, we have measures in place to help in the event of an emergency. If you or a member of your household currently have accessibility needs, or develop accessibility needs at any time that you are a customer, you should tell us this as soon as possible so we can put measures in place to assist you. This might include the use of text relay. This might also include providing you with an emergency back up line to use, to allow you to make calls to the emergency services. For the avoidance of doubt, the provisions relating to equipment also apply to the emergency backup and any other equipment we provide to you.
1. For internet access you need to make sure that your equipment, such as your computer or device (tablet or mobile phone) will connect to our equipment by Ethernet or wi-fi. Connection. The Virgin Media Help & Support pages of our website can help you set up your connection –see Help & Support.
2. In order to keep providing a great level of service, we may modify or temporarily suspend internet access, or part of it, to the extent necessary for us to carry out maintenance, technical repair, enhancement or emergency work. We will try to minimise the impact of this on your internet access, and we will restore internet access to you as soon as we can. Where possible, we will notify you if this occurs between the hours of 6am and midnight and is due to last for more than 1 hour.[AD3]
3. Due to the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee specific levels of performance for internet access.
4. You confirm that you are the owner of, and that you have obtained all necessary consents to use, the domain name, mailbox name or any other name selected by you in connection with internet access.
5. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee you will be able to have and use any domain, mailbox or other name you request and we may require you to select a replacement name if we believe that your current choice of name is, or is likely to be, in breach of the other legal stuff.
6. Any internet address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person. If this agreement ends, your right to use that internet address shall automatically terminate and thereafter you will not use the internet address.
7. It is your responsibility to keep back-up copies of any data you upload to our network and you are responsible for any system you establish to monitor or manage your content online and internet use.
8. Internet access is for private use by you and members of your household only, except if and to the extent you are using HomeWorks. It must not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using internet access for domestic purposes.[OC4]
1. As well as these terms and conditions, the services have other legal stuff which applies to the services and their use, as published by us on the Virgin Media website.
2. To make sure you are always getting the best possible customer service, we may monitor and record phone conversations you have with our teams.
3. You agree that you are liable for any charges on your account regardless of whether you or anybody else (with or without your permission) incurs those charges (unless the charges result from fraud by someone else which you could have had no control over). For example, if someone who has access to your home uses the services, they will be considered to be within your control and you will be liable for those charges. If you become aware of any fraud by someone else, you must tell us as quickly as you can. Under no circumstances should you give your PINs and passwords to anybody else (unless you're happy for them to use your account and incur charges on your account that you will need to pay us for).
4. With your permission, we may monitor email and internet communications, including any content or material transmitted over the services and/or equipment.
5. We also reserve the right to monitor and control data volume and/or types of traffic transmitted via the services and/or equipment.
6. Except for Virgin TV Go and Virgin TV Control apps, which you may use in accordance with their terms and conditions (click here to see them)you may not use any reception equipment to receive or set recordings on the television service other than the equipment we have provided to you for the express purpose of receiving or setting recordings on the television service (such as a set-top box).
7. `By viewing the television service you acknowledge that the equipment we provide to you may be enabled by us to make recordings, on your behalf, of broadcasts of the types of programmes that match your preferences, for the purpose of enabling those broadcasts to be viewed at a more convenient time for you
8. From time to time we may let you try certain things for no additional charge, for example as part of a trial or for promotional purposes. These won’t form part of the services under this agreement though, and we have the right to withdraw them at any time and without giving you notice.
1. We will try to meet any date agreed with you for installation or delivery of equipment or activation of the services, but we may have to change the installation date or delivery date given to you or activation may be delayed. We will try to notify you of any such changes as soon as we can and let you know of the next available date (for delivery and/or activation).
2. You agree that you or a person authorised by you (who is 18 or over) will be present when we install the equipment at your home.
3. Where we need to install equipment at your home, we will make every effort to fit the equipment where you prefer. However, this may not be possible because of technical or other reasons. If this is the case, you may either choose to allow us to connect the equipment as we see fit, or to not have that equipment installed. If we do not install that equipment for that reason we shall not be under any liability whatsoever to you for any failure to provide you with the service provided by that equipment but will refund you for any payments you have already made for installation of that equipment and provision of the related service. [AD5] If that equipment is for the provision of the only service you are taking from us, then you may end this agreement and in these circumstances we shall not be under any liability whatsoever to you for any failure to provide the services to you, but will refund you for any payments you have already made for installation of the equipment and provision of the services. Please do not move any equipment. Should you later wish to alter the routing or location of any existing equipment such as cables or wall sockets, you should contact us.
4. Where we do not need to install equipment at your home, we will either send you all the equipment you need through the agreed delivery method, to connect to the services, or advise you of any additional equipment you need. If applicable, it is your responsibility to purchase the additional equipment as notified to you. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by your installation of the equipment or additional equipment, unless this loss or damage is caused by our fault.
5. Where we have recommended that you purchase additional equipment for use with the services and you have chosen not to take our recommendation, we cannot guarantee compatibility of what you instead choose, nor can we provide installation or on-going support in respect of it. Where additional equipment is purchased from our recommended partners, we are not responsible for them or for any additional equipment you purchase from them. If any additional equipment you have purchased from our recommended partners is faulty upon arrival, please contact the recommended partner for a replacement. We may need to provide our recommended partners with your name, address and order details in order for them to fulfil your order.
6. To provide the services, the equipment (e.g. a set-top box or hub (router)) must be connected to your equipment (for example a TV). You are responsible for your equipment (but not the equipment that we provide) and making sure it works properly. You agree to provide and pay for suitable facilities and all necessary electrical and other installations and fittings (including power outlets or sockets) for the equipment..
7. Where we need to set up any services on your equipment you authorise us to have access to your equipment to perform such set-up (which may include the installation of software) and to check that those services are working properly. You confirm that you will have prepared your equipment, and will follow our reasonable instructions (if required) to prepare your equipment, so that we can perform the set-up properly. It is your responsibility to keep back-up copies of any important data stored on your equipment prior to the set-up of the services by us on your equipment.
8. You are responsible for applying for any consents and permissions necessary for us to connect and maintain the equipment at your home (for example, any permission necessary to lay cable from the street to your address). We are not obliged to install equipment or provide the services unless all consents and permissions have been obtained.
9. Our obligation to provide the services is also subject to survey. If a survey shows that the equipment cannot be installed or connected at your home, or if a non-standard installation is required, we may cancel any installation date we have given you and terminate this agreement. You will be notified of this as soon as possible after the survey. We shall not be under any liability whatsoever to you for any failure to provide the services in these circumstances but will refund you for any payments you have already made to Virgin Media Payments for installation of the equipment and provision of the services.
10. We do not have to connect the equipment at your home, or otherwise keep to this agreement to the extent the following affects our ability to do so, if:
(a) your home is outside our service area or in a part of our service area where no cable has been laid, or we are unable to activate the services on your line or at your home for any reason;
(b) you do not qualify under our current credit policy;
(c) you have previously misused our television service;
(d) your computer or device (or its operating software) does not work correctly or as reasonably expected for internet access; or
(e) it is not practical to carry out the connection for health and safety reasons or for any other reason.
11. You agree that we may monitor any content or material transmitted over the system, including email and internet communications and the television service.
1. We will try to provide any maintenance services that we believe are necessary for the network and equipment to work properly and for us to provide the services to you.
2. We may upgrade and update the network, equipment and the services from time to time. We will give you notice beforehand where we reasonably can if we believe such an update may affect your service.
3. We will not be liable for interruptions, reception, picture degradation or other problems with the services which are matters beyond our reasonable control. You agree that you will tell us about any fault in the services and equipment by contacting our customer services team, who will aim to respond as promptly as possible. In many circumstances it may be possible for use to correct a fault remotely. If this is not possible and we think a technician can correct a fault, we will send a technician to try to do this.
4. There are times you will need to pay us for a technician to visit your home but we will always agree the time of that visit with you. Provided we have listed the charge for the technician’s visit in our price guide, we will charge for a technician visit where:
(a) you have asked us to send a technician to your home; or
(b) you have asked us to send a technician to your home and you miss that agreed appointment (or there is no-one over the age of 18 present); or
(c) we need to send a technician to provide necessary maintenance and you miss that agreed appointment (or there is no-one over the age of 18 present); or
(d) the technician diagnoses the fault in our equipment as being caused by misuse, neglect or accidental or wilful damage; or
(e) the technician discovers that the fault or other problem relates to your equipment or any system that we are not responsible for.
5. The charges for technician visits are set out in our price guide. We understand that your circumstances might change or a fault may have ceased (for whatever reason), but sol long as you tell us in advance that maintenance is no longer required or that you would like to cancel or rearrange the technician visit before 12pm the day before the appointment we will not charge you a fee as described in clause [ ].
6. [AD6] We are not responsible if you are not able to use the services because your equipment does not work properly, is not compatible with the equipment (or services) or because of faults in any public communications provider's network (where applicable).
7. Where we supply the services to you via your connection to another public communications provider's network (for example 'Virgin TV Go) it is your responsibility to maintain your connection to such public communications provider's network and we shall not be responsible or liable to you for failing to provide the service if such failure arises as a result of any interruption to or disconnection from the public communications provider's network or because of failure or inadequacy in any equipment for which we are not responsible.
1. You are responsible for the way the equipment and services are used. You must not do any of the following acts or allow anyone else to do the following acts in relation to the equipment and/or services:
(a) send a message or communication that is offensive, abusive, defamatory (damages someone's reputation), obscene, menacing or illegal;
(b) cause annoyance, nuisance, inconvenience or needless worry to, or infringe the rights of, any other person;
(c) perform any illegal activities
(d) break, or circumvent, (or attempt to do so), the security of our network , equipment, hardware or software;
(e) deliberately receive, use, own, post, make available, transmit or publish, offensive, harmful and/or illegal material (including images of child abuse);
(f) upload, download, post, publish, make available or transmit any information, material or software that is protected by copyright or other ownership rights of another person (or company) without the permission of its owner;
(g) copy, distribute, make available attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse-engineer, modify, sub-license, or use for any other purposes any software or equipment we provide except:
i) as set out in Section W in respect of open source software; and
ii) that you may make a back-up copy of the software we provide for your personal use; or
(i) use any Internet Protocol (IP) address that we have not assigned to you. Put simply, you may not use the services to harm the service of another internet user or impersonate another user, whether on our network or external to our network. You acknowledge that we may change your Internet Protocol (IP) address from time to time without giving you notice as part of managing our network and providing services to our customers;
(j) use the services in a way that:
i) risks degradation of services to other customers;
ii) puts our network at risk;
iii) is not in keeping with that reasonably expected of a residential customer, except if and to the extent you are using HomeWorks; and/or
iv) breaks the law or infringes the rights of any other person.
(k) The following acts are also not permitted:
i) copying or recording all or any part of the services except as may be permitted by law (and if this kind of copying becomes illegal in the future you must stop doing it);
ii) re-selling, or making any charge for watching or using, all or any part of the services; and/or
iii) showing all or any part of the services to the public even where no admission fee is charged.
If we believe that you are using the services in any of these ways and consider it to be a serious issue, we are entitled to reduce, suspend and/or terminate any or all of the services without giving you notice. Where we do reduce or suspend the affected service we will reinstate the service if we have been able to resolve the issues with you within a reasonable time but we will need your reasonable co-operation to do so. We will terminate the service and agreement with you where this is not possible or if we consider, acting reasonably, that your breach is sufficiently serious and requires us to terminate the agreement.
2. We reserve the right to remove by immediate notice material placed on our servers by you or other users which we, in our reasonable opinion, believe breaks this agreement or our acceptable use policy[OC7] .
3. You agree to take responsibility for all liabilities, claims and losses which are in any way connected with you misusing the services, or with getting the services without our permission, and to repay fully any costs or losses of this kind which we may suffer. This also applies if you do not meet your responsibilities under this section G.
4. If you misuse the services, get the services without our permission, or do not meet your responsibilities under this section G, and we consider it to be a serious issue, we will be entitled to suspend and/or end any or all of the services and/or end this agreement. Where we do reduce or suspend the affected service we will reinstate the service if we have been able to resolve the issues with you within a reasonable time but we will need your reasonable co-operation to resolve the issue. Where this is not possible we may terminate the services and this agreement. We may also immediately terminate the services we provide you and this agreement where we reasonably consider your misuse to be very serious or harmful to others.
5. Unless we advise you otherwise, please take reasonable steps to make sure that, while it is not in use, the electricity supplied to our equipment (such as the set top box or hub) is not turned off and that it is in standby or rest mode, as this allows us to send important updates (for example security updates) to the equipment.
6. Where a usage or storage allowance is allocated to you as part of the services, you are responsible for making sure that you do not use more than your allowance. We are not responsible for any negative consequences of your failure to do so. Furthermore, if you exceed any allowance applicable to your services, may re-grade the services in question at the appropriate charge and / or to charge you for any additional usage or storage at the appropriate rate (if any) set out in the price guides. Where we believe this type of charge is necessary we will try and discuss this with you first but if we cannot contact you and we make such changes we will notify you as soon as possible.
7. In particular, if you subscribe to service allowing internet access that has a limit on the amount of data that you are allowed to download or upload each month (monthly usage allowance), you must not exceed that monthly usage allowance. You can monitor your usage within the My Usage section of your My Virgin Media account. Virgin Media will send alerts to tell you if you are approaching your monthly usage allowance via text and email, after which, if you still choose to exceed your allowance you will be automatically upgraded to receive unlimited data usage for the rest of your billing period at additional charge. At the end of your billing period your monthly usage allowance will then be reset and so will apply.
8. You are responsible for providing Virgin Media with an active email address and mobile number that you check regularly to receive these updates. You can find details of relevant charges within the My Alerts pages within the My Usage section of your My Virgin Media account.
1. We provide equipment to you for as long as you continue to receive services from us. The equipment will be our property at all times and we may need to alter or replace it from time to time. For us to do this, we will need reasonable access to your home.
2. You are responsible for making sure that our equipment is safe and used properly at all times. To do this, you agree to do the following:
(a) follow the manufacturer's instructions and any other reasonable instructions we have given you;
(b) keep the equipment in your home and under your control (for example, you may not sell it, lend it or hire it out to anyone else, put it up as security for a loan or mortgage, or allow it to be seized under any legal process against you);
(c) insure any of our equipment against any loss, theft or damage for the full replacement value;
(d) not tamper with disassemble, misuse, neglect or damage our [AD8] equipment;
(e) not remove, tamper with or cross out any words or labels on our equipment; and
(f) take proper care at all times to try and prevent the loss or theft of our equipment.
3. You agree to tell us as soon as you can about any loss or damage to any part of our equipment. You should do this by contacting our customer services team. You agree that you are responsible for any loss of or damage to the equipment, regardless of how it happens, unless it is our fault. We will charge you for any loss of or damage to the equipment that you are responsible for.
4. If we or you end this agreement, if you decide to disconnect from some of our services, or if you wish to take up an offer to upgrade the equipment we provide to you, you must return the equipment to us or (if we choose) make it available for collection in a reasonable condition, allowing for fair wear and tear. If you fail to return or make available the equipment for collection for any reason, we are entitled to charge you for the replacement cost or reasonable recovery costs of the equipment. If we hold any of your money we may use that money towards the cost of refurbishing or replacing the equipment. If you have any additional equipment, we'd encourage you to dispose of it responsibly if you're no longer using it so please contact us for further information about disposing of your additional equipment. Please see our price guide for the more information on non-returned equipment and the charges we may apply.
5. You may use your equipment together with our equipment, but we cannot guarantee that our equipment will work with your equipment..We will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage arising from your use of your equipment with our equipment. We will not be liable for any loss of or damage to any additional equipment unless it is our fault. We have the right to charge you for any replacement additional equipment.
7. We and our suppliers retain title to and ownership of the software for the equipment we provide to you and all intellectual property rights in and on that equipment. All TiVo copyrights and trademarks are the exclusive property of TiVo Inc. TiVo Inc. is an intended third-party beneficiary of this paragraph H.7 which means that TiVo Inc. can independently enforce the terms of it
8. We reserve the right to automatically enable any additional and separate bandwidth on the equipment we provide in order to offer a separate wireless local area network (Wi-Fi Hotspot) for other customers in the local area to connect to as long as this does not adversely affect the services we provide to you.
1. You are responsible for and must pay the charges for the services as set out in our price guides (see www.virginmedia.com/priceguides) or as otherwise notified to you (for example as set out in your order summary and/or your bill), together with any applicable value added tax or other applicable taxes . All payments by you should be made to Virgin Media Payments, which will provide you with all necessary payment handling services for Virgin Media. Virgin Media Payments agrees to collect and process all payments made by you to it promptly and ensure that they are applied in settlement of the charges to which they relate. Virgin Media Payments may charge you a separate service fee for collecting and processing such payments as provided in paragraph I.3(c) below.
2. We can change the charges as set out in paragraph K.4, but if we do so, this may entitle you to end this agreement without needing to pay an early disconnection fee. You can read more about this in paragraph N.6.
3. You must ensure that your payments are received by Virgin Media Payments by the due date for payment shown on your bill. If you do not pay your bills on time, you will be liable to interest or other charges for your default as set out in our price guide. We may also charge you the full amount of any bill and you may lose any discount we have given you. We will also suspend or cancel the services and charge you the costs of debt recovery proceedings to recover any debt you owe under this agreement.
4. Some parts of the services may enable you to access third party content and services (some of which may require you to accept additional terms and which may be subject to additional fees (for example a subscription you may have access to an organisation's TV streaming service), and you agree that you (and not us) are responsible for paying any charges from such other organisations while using the services.
5. The following provisions apply regarding billing and payment:
(a) Under this agreement, if you ask for any changes to the services provided by us, these changes will be reflected by adding or removing [AD9] proportionate amounts to your first bill after the change and to your payments every month after that.
(b) You may choose to pay your bills by cash, cheque, credit or debit card, or by Direct Debit.
(c) Virgin Media Payments will provide you with payment handling services and unless you pay by Direct Debit you agree that Virgin Media Payments may charge you a separate payment handling charge for processing your payment which will be set out in the price guides.
(d) If any cheque or Direct Debit of yours is cancelled or is not cleared by your bank or building society, we are entitled to charge you a default fee and the provisions of paragraphs I.5(c) and I.5(j) will also apply.
(e) We will bill you electronically via E-billing, and you must provide us with a valid and current e-mail account to which we will send your bills. You may choose to receive a paper bill instead. If you choose a paper bill, you agree that we may charge you a separate charge each month, as set out in our price guides.
(f) The accuracy of the e-mail address you provide to us for E-billing purposes is entirely your responsibility.
(g) We reserve the right to refuse use of the E-billing service to anyone for any reason whatsoever, or to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) the E-billing service to you or all recipients, in our reasonable discretion. You shall remain fully responsible and liable to pay any bills of which notification has been sent to the e-mail address you have specified whether or not:
i) you access that e-mail account and read the relevant e-mail;
ii) you are disconnected from your e-mail account (for any reason); or
iii) for any other reason (other than our negligence) you fail to read the relevant notification.
(h) Due to the nature of the internet and the need from time to time to update, upgrade and maintain the E-billing service, we cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to the E-billing service.
(i) Reminders will normally be sent for late bill payments. We may also charge interest at the yearly equivalent of 4% over Barclays Bank plc's base rate for the whole period of any late payment. The interest is worked out daily.[AD10] [AD11]
(j) If you want to change any of the services agreed to, we may charge you an administration fee. We will notify you of the amount of any such charge when you request the change.
(k) You may be asked for any deposit at any time as we believe to be reasonable in the circumstances, (though, if this is the case, this is typically when you start receiving the services) as security for the equipment and in case you do not pay your bills or return equipment provided to you. All or any part of this deposit may be used to pay any charges you owe under this agreement. We may (but do not have to) return your deposit after 12 months if we believe that you have a good payment history. We will usually (but not necessarily) consider you to have a good payment history if you have paid your account for 12 months in a row without your services (or any other service which we may provide to you) having been restricted, suspended or disconnected and you are not paying under a payment plan[AD12] .
6. We are entitled to carry out credit checks on you at any time. This will be done by making searches about you at credit reference agencies who will supply credit information about you, as well as information from the Electoral Register. The agencies will record details of the search, whether or not the application goes ahead. We may use credit-scoring methods to assess the application and to confirm your identity. We and other companies may use credit searches and other information which is provided to us, or the credit reference agencies (or all), about you (and those to whom you are linked financially) if credit decisions are made about you, or other members of your household. This information may also be used to trace debt and manage your account and to reveal information on your payment history to the usual credit agencies. Your details will be checked with fraud detection agencies and if false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when: checking details on applications for credit and credit-related or other facilities; managing credit and credit-related accounts and facilities; recovering debt; checking details of proposals and claims for all types of insurance; checking details of job applications and employees. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. Please write to Virgin Media's Head of Risk at Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, RG27 9UP if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. You have a legal right to these details.
7. If at any time before or during the term of this agreement you fail to meet the credit conditions imposed by us, we may do the following as long as it is reasonable for us to do so:
(a) require you to make a payment (which shall be made to Virgin Media Payments) in advance for future charges;
(b) enforce credit limits on you for any charges (to the extent that we and/or Virgin Media Payments, as appropriate, believe is reasonable in the circumstances), restrict the level of services we provide to you, only allow certain methods of payment and/or suspend some or all of the services at any time when you reach the limits until we have received the full payment of any charges you owe under this agreement; and/or
(c) require you to pay a deposit as described in paragraph I.5(k) above.
8. You must provide promptly and accurately all the information which may be needed so that we and Virgin Media Payments can perform our respective obligations under this agreement. You must also tell us immediately if any of your details change.
1. You may add to or reduce the services (including the content you receive on the television service) from time to time by contacting our customer services team. If you ask us to add any extra services or any extra content or bundles of content to the television service, you agree to accept such additional content or bundles of content for at least the minimum period that applies to it. If you ask us to reduce your tier of services within the minimum period for that service, we may ask you to pay an early disconnection fee depending on the service being reduced and the remaining length of the minimum period. If you wish to reduce your tier of service or remove any additional service (including premium television channels) you must give us 30 days’ notice and pay any applicable charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of that 30-day notice period. Any changes to the services under this paragraph do not give rise to a new agreement, even if you agree a new minimum period.
2. We may at any time modify, amend or alter the terms of this agreement and/or the services if:
(a) there is any change or amendment to any law or regulation which applies to Virgin Media, Virgin Media Payments or the services provided to you;
(b) we decide that the services should be altered for reasons of quality of service or otherwise for the benefit of customers or, in our reasonable opinion, it is necessary to do so in order to continue to provide the services;
(c) for security, technical or operational reasons;
(d) the content or television service is altered in accordance with paragraphs A.2 and/or A.3;
(e) we decide to offer certain content as Pay-Per-View programmes;
(f) if the changes or additions are minor and do not affect you significantly; or
(g) in all other events, where we reasonably determine that any modification to a relevant system, our network or a change in trading, operating or business practices or policies is necessary to maintain or improve the services provided to you.
3. We may withdraw your chosen services package for commercial or operational reasons or if we are unable to continue providing it for matters beyond our reasonable control. If we decide to do this we will move you on to our nearest equivalent or better current package, unless you notify us that you wish to move to another package. If this happens during your minimum period, the price of your relevant package will not increase before the end of your minimum period (other than where we increase prices under paragraph K.4).
4. We and/or Virgin Media Payments may change our charges at any time. Any changes to our monthly charges will be published by us on the Virgin Media website and we will also give you notice of the change(s) at least 30 days before the changes take effect and you may cancel the services affected in accordance with clause M.14.[OC13]
L. Suspending services[OC14]
1. We may suspend or reduce any of the services for as long as the suspension event persists, immediately without notice if:
(a) you have broken this agreement in a serious and non-minor way (and in such an instance we may also reduce the level of services affected);
(b) you exceed any allowance applicable to your services (and in such an instance we may also reduce the level of services affected);
(c) you go over any credit limit on your account;
(d) we have reason to believe that you have provided us with false, inaccurate or misleading information either for the purpose of obtaining the services and/or the equipment or at any time during the provision of the services;
(e) we believe that you or another person at your home have committed, or may be committing, any fraud against us, and/or any other person or organisation by using the services or equipment (or both);
(f) we do not receive a signed copy of the contract document from you within 30 days of activating your services;
(g) you or anyone you authorise to deal with us on your behalf acts in a way towards our staff or agents which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate;
(h) you have broken any of your obligations in Section Q; or
(i) in our reasonable opinion it is necessary to do so.
In these cases, we will normally contact you and try to resolve the issue where reasonably possible. However, we may make a charge to reflect our costs in connection with suspending and starting supply of the services again. You must pay this charge before you can use the services again. You may also be liable for all charges for services during this period of suspension.
2. We may also suspend any of the services for as long as the suspension event persists, immediately without notice if:
(a) maintenance, repairs or improvements to any part of the equipment, the services, the network or the system need to be carried out;
(b) we have to do so by law or in line with a contract;
3. If the services are reduced (and not suspended) because paragraphs L.1(a) or L.1(b) apply, then during any period of reduction, you will remain liable for the payment of your original level of charges.
4. For your and our protection we can also suspend the services if the number of calls or charges for calls made by you has increased to such an extent that it appears, in our reasonable opinion, that the services are not being used in a manner consistent with reasonable residential domestic use, except if and to the extent you are using HomeWorks. We will make reasonable efforts to contact you before suspending the services but we are not liable for any loss you may suffer through this suspension. We will not provide the services again until we are satisfied that you know of the increased usage and are aware of the consequences of that increased usage. We may also:
(a) ask you to make a payment of a deposit (which shall be made to Virgin Media Payments) as security for your charges; or
(b) prevent you from making international calls and/or premium rated calls if in our reasonable opinion they form a significant proportion of your charges.
M. Cooling off rights
1. If you have ordered the services online, by telephone or from an agent attending at your home you have a statutory right to cancel an order for the services within the cooling off period, which is 14 days from the latest of:
(a) the day after the delivery of the equipment;
(b) the services start date; and
(c) the day on which you received a copy of these terms and conditions in printed or PDF format.
We may choose to offer an enhanced cooling off period from time to time, and will inform you of this at the time of your purchase if this is the case.
2. You may not cancel a Pay-Per-View programme once you have begun to stream or download it. By streaming or downloading a Pay-Per-View programme you consent to us making the programme available to you immediately and agree to waive your statutory right to a 14 day cooling-off period during which you may cancel this purchase. We will provide confirmation of this to you immediately prior to streaming or downloading the Pay-Per-View programme. It is your responsibility to make sure PIN codes and passwords for Pay-Per-View programmes are used correctly.
3. Any cancellation of any or all of the services in the cooling off period must be in accordance with this paragraph M.3. You can cancel your order by making any clear statement to us regarding that cancellation by:
(a) dialling 0345 234 0751 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary);
(b) writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Unit 5 Nimbus Park, Porz Avenue, Houghton Regis, Dunstable, LU5 5FR; or
(c) completing the cancellation form you will have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form.
4. If you cancel the services during the cooling off period, we will refund to you all payments received from you, including the costs of any delivery for any equipment you ordered, except for costs and charges set out in paragraphs M.5.(a) and/or M.5.(b). If you cancel an order for equipment, we will automatically cancel your order for the services unless you inform us otherwise..
5. If you requested a service to begin during the cooling off period:
(a) we may require you to pay us an amount proportionate to any services with which we have provided you up until the cancellation date; and
(b) we will not refund any one-off fees for activation or installation of the services if you cancel the services after installation or activation.
6. If you cancel under the cooling off period you must return any equipment with which you have been provided promptly, using the returns method provided with the equipment or otherwise notified by us to you. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the equipment to us and we may charge you our direct return costs (including by offsetting this against any money we owe you). We will also charge you for non-returned equipment and please see our price guides for details on these charges and process.
7. We will make any refunds due to you for exercising your rights to cancel during the cooling off period (subject to any deductions due to us) within 14 days, starting the day after we are informed that you wish to cancel. We will make any refund using the same method of payment you used to pay us.[AD15]
8. You cannot cancel any Pay-per-view programme that you have ordered and begun to stream or download during the cooling off period.
N. Other ways to end this agreement
1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice. You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:
(a) dialling 0345 234 0751 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or
(b) writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Unit 5 Nimbus Park, Porz Avenue, Houghton Regis, Dunstable, LU5 5FR;
2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N.1, you must pay any charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of that 30-day notice period.
3. If you ask us to end supply of services during the relevant minimum period (except when you cancel during the cooling off period as described above, or under paragraph N.6 below) you will have to pay an early disconnection fee as set out in paragraph N.5 by way of compensation to us for ending the services early.
4. If you break this agreement and we end this agreement under section P (including for non-payment of charges) within the minimum period, you must on request pay [to Virgin Media Payments] an early disconnection fee in respect of the cancelled services by way of compensation to us for ending the services early.
5. You can find details of the early disconnection fee on the Virgin Media website . The early disconnection fee will not be more than the charges you would have paid for the services for the remainder of the minimum period and will be less any costs we save, including the cost of no longer providing you with the services.
6. If we and/or Virgin Media Payments:
(a) increase our monthly charges under this agreement; or
(b) make significant changes to the terms and conditions of this agreement or to the services that we provide you, which are likely to materially disadvantage you; and/or
(c) make changes to the services which are likely to materially disadvantage you; or
(d) if there is a permanent loss of the services; or,
(e) you are entitled to terminate this agreement in exercise of your legal rights,
then you may cancel this agreement without paying an early disconnection fee by giving us at least 30 days' notice as set out in paragraph N.1.
7. . You must tell us (as set out in paragraph N.1.) that you wish to cancel within 30 days of our notifying you of the:
(a) increase in charges; or
(b) changes to this agreement; or
(c) the changes to the services we provide you with..
8. If you were not notified in advance of the changes described in paragraph N.7, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such changes. If you do not give notice of cancellation within the specified period, you will be deemed to have accepted the increase in charges; and/or the changes to this agreement; or changes to the services and you will no longer be able to cancel this agreement under paragraph N.6. If you do cancel this agreement in these circumstances, any increased charges will not apply during the 30-day notice period.
9. We may end this agreement immediately by giving you notice:
(a) if our authority to operate as a public communications provider is suspended for any reason; or
(b) if in our reasonable opinion it is necessary to do so for security, technical or operational reasons.
10. When this agreement ends or you cancel a service, we will deactivate (permanently switch off) any relevant equipment we supplied to you to provide the services. You will no longer be able to use the equipment.
11. If you fail to return or make available for removal any item of the equipment which we have provided to you, you may have to pay extra charges for such equipment, including the replacement cost or reasonable recovery costs as set out in the price guides. In addition to our other rights, we reserve the right to bring legal proceedings against you for the return of our equipment.
12. If this agreement is ended for any reason, or if any of the services are cancelled, Virgin Media Payments will be entitled to keep any money held (including deposits and advance payments) and to use that money to pay any obligation or debt you may owe under this agreement. We'll get in touch with you to refund to you any money remaining after these deductions, unless our costs to administer that refund outweigh the actual account balance. If that's the case, we'll donate the account balance to charity. If we have reasonably tried to contact you during the 6 month period after this agreement has ended, but have not been able to, we may also donate your account balance to charity, whatever the amount..
O. Moving home
1. If you move to another address within our service area, you may ask us to provide the services to your new address. You must provide at least 30 days’ notice to do this, but we cannot guarantee to provide you with the services at your new address.
2. If you move to another address during [AD16] any minimum period you may need to pay the early disconnection fee described in paragraph N.5 unless you continue to receive our services at your new address (in which case paragraph O.3 will apply).
3. [If we agree to provide the services to your new address, you may have to pay a service transfer charge (to be paid to Virgin Media Payments). Details of the service transfer charge are set out in the price guides. Where we have agreed with you to continue providing the same services that you received at your current address to your new address and this is during any minimum period, then that minimum period will continue at your new address (for example, where your services are on a 12 month minimum period, if you move during month 7 of your minimum period, the remaining 5 months of your minimum period will apply for those same services being provided at your new address). Where we have agreed with you to change the services you receive at your new address then a new minimum period may apply for those services and the service start date for that new minimum period will be the date that the equipment is installed at your new address.
P. If you break this agreement
1. We and/or Virgin Media Payments may end this agreement immediately if:
(a) you become insolvent or bankrupt, you enter into any arrangement with your creditors, or if any legal action is taken or threatened against your property;
(b) we believe that you or another person at your home have committed, or may be committing, any fraud against us, or any other person or organisation whether or not by using the services or equipment (or both);
(c) you break any of this agreement in a serious and non-minor way and, if you are able to put things right, you have not done so within 7 days (or such other longer period as we specify) of us asking you to do so;
(d) we and/or Virgin Media Payments have reason to believe that you have provided us or Virgin Media Payments with false, inaccurate or misleading information either for the purpose of obtaining the services and/or the equipment from us, or at any time during the provision of the services;
(e) any permission under which we are entitled to connect, maintain, modify or replace the equipment is ended for any reason;
(f) we are required to comply with applicable law or regulation, or comply with an order, instruction or request of Government, an emergency services organisation or other competent administration, legal or regulatory authority;
(g) you or anyone you authorise to deal with us on your behalf acts in a way towards our staff or agents which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate; or
(h) we and/or Virgin Media Payments are specifically entitled to do so under any other section of this agreement.
2. If you break this agreement and we and/or Virgin Media Payments choose to overlook it, we can still end the agreement with you if you break it again.
3. [If we end this agreement because you have broken this agreement as set out in this section P (including where you have not paid the charges which you are liable to pay under this agreement), we are entitled to:
(a) charge you for all charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the date the agreement ends any charges including line rental and usage for; and/or
(b) if the agreement is ended during any relevant minimum period, charge you the early disconnection fee described in paragraph N.5; and/or
(c) prevent and/or disrupt access to the services.]
4. If you break this agreement by committing fraud or any other criminal activity, we will report you to the police, who may take legal action.
Q. Visiting your home
1. You authorise us to install, keep and use equipment at your home and you agree that we and our employees, agents or contractors may enter your home so that we can:
(a) carry out any work that is necessary for us to connect, maintain, alter, replace or remove any equipment necessary for us to supply the services you and others have asked for; and
(b) inspect any of your equipment which you may keep there.
2. You agree not to do anything, or allow anything to be done, at your home that may prevent easy access to our equipment or your equipment.
3. You confirm that you are:
(a) the current occupier of the home; and
(b) either the freeholder of the home or a tenant under a lease of 12 months or more.
4. We cannot normally be required to remove permanent equipment installations if you end this agreement or move from your home.
R. Liability to you
1. Neither Virgin Media nor Virgin Media Payments restricts or excludes liability to you for:
(a) death or personal injury resulting from our own or Virgin Media Payments' own (or our agents' or contractors') negligent act or failure to act; or
(b) fraud; or
(c) any legal rights and remedies available to you as a consumer in relation to the services. None of these rights and remedies are affected by this agreement. For information on these rights and remedies please visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
2. Except as set out in paragraph R.1, neither we nor Virgin Media Payments will be liable to you for:
(a) any loss or damage which is not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of Virgin Media or Virgin Media Payments' negligence or breach of this agreement. Loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the agreement was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you and we discussed it; or
(b) any business loss (including loss of profits, business, revenue, contracts or anticipated savings, wasted expenses or any other purely financial losses) even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable.
3. Except as set out in paragraph R.1 our and Virgin Media Payments' liability to you is limited to:
(a) for direct physical damage to your property (including any of your equipment upon which the television services are enabled), a maximum of £100,000 for any one event or series of connected events; and
(b) except for direct physical damage to your property, a maximum of £10,000 for any one event or series of connected events.
4. When we or Virgin Media Payments carry out any obligation under this agreement, the duty of each of us is to exercise the reasonable care and skill of a competent service provider only.
5. We will not be liable to you for the accuracy, fitness for purpose, completeness or legality of any information accessed, received or transmitted using the equipment or services unless we are the author or creator of this information or material, or for transmitting or receiving, or failure to transmit or receive, any material through the equipment or services.
6. We will not be liable for any failure of safety, security or other alarm systems or monitors due to:
(a) incompatibility with our network; or
(b) power or network outages that is not our fault; or
(c) any other matters beyond our reasonable control or not due to our fault.
7. If you deal with any other individuals or organisations using the equipment or services (for example, by buying or renting goods or services from them or subscribing to or accessing third party services such as Netflix or Curzon or ordering goods or services using the Internet access), we will not be involved in these dealings. We will not be liable in any way for any loss, costs or damage you have to pay for.
8. We will not be liable to you for the contents of any material from other individuals or organisations which may be accessed through the equipment or services. We also reserve the right to block access to any such material.
9. In certain circumstances, faults may affect your ability to use the services. In such cases you may be entitled to compensation as set out in our loss of service credit guidelines within the other legal stuff on the Virgin Media website.
S. Matters beyond our reasonable control
1. Neither we nor Virgin Media Payments will be liable for failing to do what it promised under this agreement if it is prevented from doing so by matters beyond our reasonable control.
1. Any notices we give to you must be in writing and be delivered by hand, sent by fax, ordinary post to you at your home or sent electronically. Any notices you give to Virgin Media should be given in line with the directions set out on the My Virgin Media area of the Virgin Media website or in your welcome pack. Any notice period will start from the day on which the notice is delivered if it is delivered by hand, 2 working days (i.e. excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) after the date it was posted if sent by ordinary post, or from the date of successful transmission if it is sent by fax or electronically.
U. Transfer of agreements
1. This agreement is personal to you and you may not transfer your account or any of your rights and responsibilities under this agreement without our written agreement. For business reasons we and/or Virgin Media Payments may transfer any of our rights and responsibilities under this agreement without your permission as long as we ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under this agreement.
V. The law and how your complaints are resolved
1. This agreement will be governed by the law of England and Wales, unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case it will be governed by Scots or Northern Irish Law respectively. If we have a dispute about this agreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so in the courts of one of the 4 parts of the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland) which part's courts will have exclusive jurisdiction.
2. We are fully committed to addressing all complaints, fully and fairly, and in a reasonable time frame. If you'd like to find out how Virgin Media does this, please see our Complaint Resolution Code of Practice which is available within the Legal Stuff on the Virgin Media website, or ask our team.
3. If we have not reached an agreed settlement within eight weeks of receiving your complaint, or we agree in writing before the eight weeks is up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, you can refer your complaint for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution by the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) at www.cisas.org.uk. This service is absolutely free of charge.
You may also be able to refer a dispute to the European Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. The ODR platform is a web-based platform which is designed to help consumers who have bought goods or services online. It provides access to independent alternative dispute resolution services which are usually free for you to use.
W. Open Source Software
1. Certain components of the software for the equipment we provide to you are subject to so-called open-source licences. (For example, some of the software in the set-top boxes powered by TiVo is subject to the GNU General Public Licence Version 2.) This open source software is not subject to the restrictions in paragraph G.16 above, but is subject instead to the terms of the applicable open source licence. You are free to use, modify and distribute open source software, so long as you comply with the terms of the applicable open source licence. We'll tell you which open source licences apply (if any) in the documents which come with your equipment, as well as where you can go to find any modifications in source code form.
the terms and conditions set out in this document, together with the [other legal stuff].
the television channels, on demand programmes, Pay-Per-View programmes, and any other content (including any new, extra or substitute content which we agree to supply you at a later date) which we make available to you from time to time, including on the television service.
cooling off period the 14 day period from the latest of (i) the day after the delivery of the equipment, (ii) the service start date, or (iii) the day on which you received a copy of these terms and conditions in printed or PDF format
any telecommunications or other equipment we supply to you as an essential part of providing the services (including upgrades and replacements). This may include any cable modem (hub), set-top box, cables and ducts. This does not include batteries or certain accessories which may purchase from us, nor does it include any equipment which you may purchase from a supplier recommended by us or an alternative supplier. This is referred to as additional equipment.
the residential property where we or you install equipment, and to which we agree to supply the services.
us providing internet access, whether by way of high-speed Internet connection or by dial-up internet access services through a phone line or cable.
matters beyond our reasonable control
matters beyond our reasonable control, including the actions of third parties which we have no reasonable control over, lightning, flood or severe weather conditions, fire or explosion, civil disorder, damage or vandalism to our network or equipment, terrorist activities, war, actions of local or national governments or other authorities, or industrial disputes.
the minimum period that you have agreed to allow us to supply you with and charge you for the services, starting from the service start date. Unless you are told otherwise by us, the minimum period will be 12 months from the service start date. We may change the minimum period for the supply of the services but this will not affect you if you have already subscribed to receive the services.
normal working hours
these are 9am to 6pm on Monday to Friday. These hours may change.
other legal stuff
as well as the terms and conditions set out in this document, there are additional terms and conditions which apply to the supply of the your services as published by us on the Virgin Media website or can be accessed through the equipment and/or the services, as updated by us in accordance with Section K. If there is any conflict between the other legal stuff and the terms and conditions in this document, the other legal stuff will apply.
a programme or service which is offered for sale to you as an individual purchase either at specific start times or on demand.
the current list of charges for each of the services.
public communications provider
a public communications provider as set out in section 151 of the Communications Act 2003.
service start date
(a) the first date on which the service is available for you to use or
(b) (ii) where no installation is required, the earlier of the date the service is activated or 7 days from the date you ordered the service from us; or
(c) (iii) where you install the services yourself (via Quickstart or a similar self-installation solution), it will be either the first date on which each service is available for you to use the services or the date we receive confirmation that your installation kit has been delivered, whichever is earlier.
the services you have ordered including any new, extra or substitute services which we agree to supply you at a later date.
system means an electronic communications system or network.
the television service that we may make available to you, including, interactive services, so-called ‘red-button’ services, apps and any other services and/or features and is accessible through the equipment provided by us and connected to a television set. Content will be made available on the television service
Virgin Media website
the website at www.virginmedia.com or any other website address we may tell you about..
equipment belonging to you or that you provide (for example, your television set, projectors, display monitors, computer interface card, printer and so on), including additional equipment.
Prices may change at any time during the contract. Subject to status. Sky Sports Offer: Sky Sports for £15.88 a month for 6 months. This price is on top of your existing monthly subscription cost. Monthly rolling contract. Sky Sports must be kept for at least 30 days. *From month 7, you will automatically be charged the full standard price for Sky Sports, currently £31.75 per month, unless you choose to cancel with at least 30 days’ notice. Offer is only available to selected UK Virgin Media customers and only Virgin Media customers who have Virgin Media TV. Offer redeemable by main Virgin Media account holder. Channels are subject to change. This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless stated by Virgin Media. Sky Sports website and apps: Only available via the Sky Sports apps (iOS and Android only) and website. Broadband/WiFi required. UK only. Maximum 2 devices. Selected content may not be available to view. Separate End User Licence Agreements and t&cs apply to the Sky Sports apps and website. General: All information and prices correct at 30th March 2017. Prices include VAT. Further legal stuff applies – see virginmedia.com/legalstuff. Registered office address: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP. Registered in England and Wales No. 02591237