Text Relay [Credit] Terms and Conditions
1. By allowing the first monthly credit to be applied to your first bill you shall be deemed to have accepted and be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
2. These terms and conditions are supplemental to and form part of your Virgin Media cable service contract, which incorporates the Virgin Media cable terms and conditions and policies including our Acceptable Use Policy (“Contract”). The terms and conditions set out in those documents apply in addition to the terms and conditions set out below. In the event of conflict or inconsistency between the documents in respect of text relay, the below terms and conditions shall take precedence.
3. You have represented to Virgin Media that you or another member of your household requires text relay for their accessibility needs. If this is incorrect or your household’s accessibility needs change, you must tell us immediately by calling 0345 454 1111.
4. Subject to clause 13 below, in return for you maintaining a telephone line with a third party provider (“Alternative Provider”) for text relay to meet your accessibility needs during your Contract, Virgin Media agrees to apply a credit of £18.99 a month to your Virgin Media cable bill [payable monthly in arrears].
5. We recommend that you tell your Alternative Provider that you only require a basic telephone service including line rental from them. A basic telephone service (excluding the cost of all calls and any additional features) should currently cost no more than £18.99 per month.
6. You are responsible for ensuring that your Alternative Line meets your individual text relay needs and you agree to use this line for all land line text relay calls you need to make to the emergency service.
7. If you incur a connection or activation fee of up to £130 to keep your existing line or set up a new line, we shall reimburse this amount (as a bill credit) so long as you email a copy to us at TextRelayAdmin@virginmedia.co.uk or send a copy of your bill to Virgin Media, Matrix Court, Off Nantong Way, Siemens Way Enterprise Park, Swansea SA77 9BB. If you are told the install fee will be more than this, please contact us before arranging connection.
8. You must arrange and maintain the line with your chosen Alternative Provider at all times whilst you are a Virgin Media cable customer, unless we notify you that this is no longer required.
9. You are responsible for the payment of all charges (including all call charges) to your Alternative Provider. Virgin Media excludes liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for such charges and for all other liabilities arising from or otherwise incurred in connection with the Alternative Line. Nothing shall exclude or liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
10. If the cost of your Alternative Line unavoidably increases, for example due to an annual price rise, we will monitor and adjust the credit to your account by an amount we consider reasonable.
11. We may require you to provide us with evidence of your accessibility needs and to verify that the Alternative Line is being maintained. If you fail to provide satisfactory evidence, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect you or your household do not have accessibility needs (including where you have not updated us of a change of needs), or that you are not maintaining a third party line for a text relay use, or that you are acting dishonestly, fraudulently or contrary to good faith, in addition to our rights and remedies the Contract, we shall be entitled to stop payment of the Credit immediately, claw back sums already paid suspend or terminate your cable service and take other reasonable action in the particular circumstances.
12. Immediately upon your Virgin Media cable service ending for any reason, our liability to you under these terms and conditions including for payment of the Credit shall cease.
13. You should contact us as soon as possible if you want to leave Virgin Media or if you are moving home on 0345 454 1111.
14. We may notify you at any time that we have developed a Virgin Media text relay solution to allow you to make or receive emergency calls in a power or network outage, is now available and that the Alternative Line is no longer required. We shall notify you on 30 days notice after which your entitlement to the Credit (and our liability for payment) will cease. If we tell you that the Alternative Line is no longer required, you should check with your Alternative Provider about any disconnection fees and contact us on 0345 454 1111 before cancelling your Alternative Line.