Virgin Media and Activision hunt for the ultimate Destiny fan
#RaiseYourGame to win a money can’t buy trip to Bungie Studios
30 August 2018
- The search is on for the UK’s biggest Destiny fan ahead of the release of Destiny 2: Forsaken
- Fans will battle it out to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Bungie studios in Seattle, USA
- “Last Guardian Standing” competition starts at 8pm, Friday 31 August through www.virginmedia.com/lastguardianstanding
- Virgin Media continues partnership with Activision and Bungie for a third year and is the headline sponsor of EGX 2018 for the seventh year running
With the eagerly anticipated arrival of Destiny 2: Forsaken, Virgin Media is calling on Guardians to rise up and show their love of the game to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
The competition, titled ‘Last Guardian Standing’, is the ultimate test for Destiny players to prove they’re the most knowledgeable when it comes to Destiny trivia. It comes as Virgin Media announces that it will partner with Bungie and Activision for Destiny 2: Forsaken.
Virgin Media will once again be the main sponsor at EGX 2018 in Birmingham for the seventh year running and will provide Destiny players with the ultimate gaming experience through a unique interactive space at the flagship event.
Destiny 2: Forsaken competition: Last Guardian Standing - take on the Lore to win
The competition is comprised of a number of challenges to discover the most knowledgeable Guardian. First, fans will need to visit www.virginmedia.com/lastguardianstanding where they will be asked to answer five tough questions to prove they know their Vanguard from their vandals and their Vex villains from their Hive gods. Four finalists will then go head-to-head to answer questions about Destiny until there is only one Guardian standing.
The winner and one lucky guest of their choice will be flown to the Bungie Studios HQ in Seattle, USA, to get behind the scenes access to see first-hand how the game was developed.
The winner will be accompanied by Destiny YouTuber, Arekkz Gaming, who will film and document the adventure. Arekkz has nearly 800,000 subscribers on YouTube and is one of the leading voices – and faces – on the platform when it comes to all things Destiny.
How to enter
On Friday 31 August at 8pm (UK time), fans will need to head to www.virginmedia.com/lastguardianstanding. This is where Guardians start their journey and will have 10 days to complete the first stage before it closes. The rounds are as follows:
- Round 1: Answer five Destiny themed questions to be in with a chance of advancing to the next stage (closing date Monday 10 September - 8pm)
- Round 2: 20 entrants that answered all five questions correctly will be picked at random to submit a short video that proves their love for the game - all will win a Destiny 2 prize bundle
- Round 3: four lucky finalists will then go head-to-head in the ultimate Destiny knowledge test
- Round 4: The last Guardian standing will fly to the US in November with a friend and Arekkz
Virgin Media resumes partnership with Activision and Destiny 2
Virgin Media has teamed up once more with Activision and Bungie ahead of the release of Destiny 2: Forsaken, which will give players the opportunity to explore new regions, unlock new abilities, earn a wealth of powerful new weapons, and discover lost Awoken secrets. Destiny 2: Forsaken also introduces Gambit: an entirely new way to play Destiny 2 which offers something for all types of gamers to enjoy, appealing to those who thrive on the collaborative and unpredictable elements of PvE, while seamlessly blending the competitive challenge of PvP gameplay.
The partnership will also be a major part of Virgin Media’s “Switch to Legendary” campaign which will highlight the power of its ultrafast broadband network – perfect for online gaming and streaming.
Virgin Media to sponsor EGX 2018 and provide exclusive Destiny 2: Forsaken gaming zone
Virgin Media will be bringing back its hugely popular Destiny 2 zone to EGX 2018 in Birmingham. Fans will be able to get hands on with Destiny 2: Forsaken and its new mode, Gambit.
Virgin Media has given 5,000 lucky customers half-price early entry passes to the event. All visitors can also expect to receive a variety of collectibles and exclusive giveaways during the course of the weekend.
Bungie developers will be attending EGX and Virgin Media will be streaming the developer panel on its Facebook page on Friday 21 September. Fans can expect to hear all the latest news and insights from Destiny 2: Forsaken with some handy tips for Guardians.
Sharon Hegarty, Director of Brand and Marketing at Virgin media, said: “We’re calling on the most committed Destiny players to step forward and prove their knowledge with the ultimate once-in-a-lifetime prize at stake. This competition continues our longstanding partnership with Activision and Bungie and gives our gaming customers lots to get excited about. With plenty of fast-paced and intense online action in Destiny 2: Forsaken, our ultrafast broadband will mean Guardians have their backs covered as they battle opponents.”
Note to editors
Last Guardian Standing Competition
- Open to all UK residents aged 18 or over (not including the Channel Islands or Isle of Man)
- The competition opens at 20:00 on Friday 31st August 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on 10th September 2018. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per person.
- To enter the competition you must complete the quiz at www.virginmedia.com/lastguardianstanding
- Of the entrants who get the most questions correct, 20 finalists will be selected
- Those 20 finalists will be asked to submit a video, telling Virgin Media, Bungie and Activision why they should be the Last Guardian Standing.
- Of these 20 finalist entries, 4 will be chosen to compete in the final round, a ‘The Ultimate Destiny Knowledge Challenge’. The winner at this round will be crowned the Last Guardian Standing.
- The 20 finalists will need to submit a video (no longer than 2 minutes) to progress to the next round. Eligible finalists who do not submit a video per the brief provided and by the stated deadline will forfeit their entry into the next stage (‘The Ultimate Destiny Knowledge Challenge’) and will not be eligible to win the trip to Bungie Studios. They will however still be able to claim their Virgin Media Destiny 2 Forsaken Goody Bag. Virgin Media is not required to find a replacement finalist in this instance.
- The 20 video entrants will be judged by a panel from Bungie, Activision and Virgin Media and 4 finalists will be chosen, who will be asked to compete in ‘The Ultimate Destiny Knowledge Challenge’. The judges will base their winner selection on the following criteria:
- All 4 finalists will be notified by email. ‘The Ultimate Destiny Knowledge Challenge’ filming will require finalists to be available for one day in October (Date TBC) to participate in the final round, by agreeing to this finalists will also agree to being filmed for marketing purposes.
- The winner’s prize will be a trip to Bungie Studios in Seattle, for them plus one guest over the age of 18. Details of the prize are included below in more detail bit will include accommodation and air travel. The trip will take place in November or early December 2018. The winner (only) will also receive a PS4 Pro, a copy of Destiny 2, and a 12 month Virgin Media Full House bundle (cabled areas only).
- Full Terms and Conditions available at > www.virginmedia.com/lastguardianstanding
About Virgin Media
Virgin Media offers four multi award-winning services across the UK and Ireland: broadband, TV, mobile phone and landline.
Our dedicated, ultrafast network delivers the fastest widely-available broadband speeds to homes and businesses and we’re expanding this through our Project Lightning programme, which could extend our network to up to 17 million premises.
Our interactive Virgin TV service brings live TV, thousands of hours of on-demand programming and the best apps and games to customers through a set-top box, as well as on-the-go through tablets and smartphones.
Virgin Mobile launched the world’s first virtual mobile network and offers fantastic value and innovative services with 4G connectivity. We are also one of the largest fixed-line home phone providers in the UK and Ireland.
Through Virgin Media Business we support entrepreneurs, businesses and the public sector, delivering the fastest widely available broadband speeds and tailor-made services.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s largest international TV and broadband company. Liberty Global connects 21 million customers through operations in 10 countries across Europe subscribing to 45 million TV, broadband internet and telephony services. It also serves 6 million mobile subscribers and offers WiFi service through 12 million access points across its footprint.
For all Virgin Media press enquiries please contact;
email@example.com / 0333 000 2984 @VirginMediaCorp
Recommended press releases