Virgin Media boosts free TV offer in time for half term
12 February 2021
- All Virgin TV customers will be given free access to 22 entertainment, lifestyle, and learning-based channels from 15 February, including thousands of on demand episodes
- In addition, customers can now tune into a range of food and travel shows from Tastemade, at no extra cost
Virgin Media is extending its free TV offering by making a variety of entertainment, lifestyle and learning-based programming available for all 3.5 million TV customers, at no extra cost.
From 15 February until 16 March, all Virgin TV customers in the UK will be given free access to 22 pay TV channels including Discovery HD, Comedy Central HD, E4 HD, Film 4 HD, FOX HD, Kiss, Magic, MTV HD, and National Geographic HD.
The free TV offering caters for a range of ages and tastes, with thousands of episodes also available on demand – from cult comedy sitcoms to jaw-dropping documentaries.
In addition, Virgin Media has partnered with Tastemade to bring a selection of its premium food and travel shows to its TV platform. Whether they are looking for money-saving meal plans or want to recreate a holiday at home, customers can tune into a variety of original series on demand, including The Pies That Changed My Life!, Plant-Based Budget Meals, and Travelling for your Tastebuds.
The giveaway builds on an existing offer after Virgin Media announced it was giving TV customers free access to seven kids pay TV channels for the whole of February, including Cartoon Network, Cartoonio, Boomerang, Nickelodeon, NickToons, Nick Jr, and Nick Jr Too.
What’s more, Virgin Media’s youngest viewers can access kids app Hopster for free until the end of March, providing a safe environment for pre-schoolers to learn through the stories they love.
David Bouchier, Chief TV & Entertainment Officer at Virgin Media, said:
“We realise that it can be challenging to find fresh and interesting ways to keep the kids (and ourselves!) entertained, especially during the winter months. That’s why we’ve boosted our free TV offering just in time for half term, giving all of our customers access to a large choice of additional channels and programmes.
“Those looking for inspiration and ideas can also tuck into a selection of food and travel shows from Tastemade, which are now available on demand, at no extra cost.”
Customers will automatically be able to access the pay TV channels via their Virgin TV set-top box, with the Tastemade shows available on demand.
Notes to Editors
- From 15 February until 16 March, all Virgin TV customers will be given free access to 22 pay TV channels and programming including Comedy Central HD, Comedy Central Extra, MTV HD, E4 HD, TLC HD, ID, DMAX, More 4 HD, FOX HD, Discovery HD, National Geographic Wild HD, National Geographic HD, Box Hits, Kiss, Magic, Kerrang, TCM HD, Film 4 HD, Sony SAB, Colors HD, Rishtey, and Rishtey Cineplex.
- From now until 2 March, all Virgin TV customers will be given free access to seven pay TV kids channels and programming including Cartoon Network, Cartoon Network HD, Cartoon Network +1, Cartoonito, Boomerang, Boomerang +1, Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon HD, Nickelodeon +1, NickToons, Nick Jr, and Nick Jr Too.
- Tastemade has launched on Virgin TV, with a range of food and travel shows now available to watch on demand, at no extra cost.
- Virgin Media has extended free access to the Hopster app until 31 March 2021. Customers can access the app via their Virgin TV V6 set-top box.