Signing in to the Virgin Media Connect App
To be able to use the Virgin Media Connect app, you must have an active Broadband service with Virgin Fibre or an active Mobile service with Virgin Mobile.
Signing into the Virgin Media Connect app
How you sign into the Connect app depends if you're a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Fibre customer.
Virgin Mobile Virgin Mobile
When you’re using the Connect app on a device with a Virgin Mobile SIM card, the app will check the SIM card details.
- If you’re a Virgin Mobile Pay Monthly customer you’ll be signed in automatically.
Pay As You Go
- Your SIM must be registered to sign in. Go to virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount to register your SIM.
- In order to use the WiFi hotspots you need to have topped up a minimum of £5 in the last 60 days. If you’ve recently topped up, it can sometimes take 24 hours to activate.
Are you a Virgin Fibre customer too?
If so you'll be asked to sign in with your My Virgin Media account details when you go to the Broadband section of the app. You'll then be able to use all the features of the app.
Virgin Fibre Virgin Fibre
As a Virgin Fibre customer, you'll be asked to sign in using your My Virgin Media account details.
- If you've forgotten your username, just go to 'Forgotten your username?' and follow the on-screen instructions. You'll need your account number and area reference number to hand.
- To reset your password, go to 'Forgotten password?' and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you don't have a My Virgin Media account, you can register at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia or follow the steps from the app login screen to create a My Virgin Media account.
Do I need to have mobile data on to sign in?
If you have the Connect app on a device that uses a Virgin Mobile SIM, we'll attempt to get you up and running using your SIM card details. To do this, we'll need to exchange a tiny amount of mobile data over 3G/4G to recognise your mobile number. For this reason, your mobile data needs to be turned on. Please make sure you're not using a VPN.
If you're signing in as a Virgin Fibre customer instead, you don't necessarily need to use mobile data, but you will need a working internet connection (either 3G/4G or WiFi).
Psst! Just so you know, you’ll need a Hub 3 to get the full range of the Connect app’s brilliant features. Plus it will work with Hub 4 and Hub 5 very soon.
Do I need to sign in and out?
When you're set up for WiFi hotspots, you won't need to be signed in to connect to our hotspots when you're out and about. Your device will automatically connect when in range of one of our hotspots.
To use all of the app's other handy features, you do need to be signed in. The app will generally remember you, so you don’t need to sign in each time.