How do I make a Virgin Media bill payment?
Last updated: January 11, 2018
Paying by Direct Debit is the only way if you’re on an Oomph bundle, and the simplest way to pay for your services if you’re not. It's really easy to set up too.
Depending on your contract, we may charge you a payment handling fee if you don't pay by Direct Debit. To find out more about this fee and how to set up a Direct Debit, see Paying for Broadband, TV and Phone by Direct Debit.
You can also pay by credit or debit card, for details see Paying for Broadband, TV and Phone by card.
Or you can pay by one of the methods below.
Paying by Card – Online or via our app Paying by Card – Online or via our app
To make your credit or debit card payment online through your My Virgin Media account:
- Register or sign in to My Virgin Media at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia
- Select the bills tab
- Enter the amount you wish to pay without the £ sign
- If you’re making a card payment for the first time, enter your card details
- Click Continue
- Make sure all the payment details are correct then click Pay Now
- You’ll be taken to a confirmation screen where you can print confirmation of your payment
Alternatively, you can download the My Virgin Media app onto a compatible iPhone or Android mobile handset and make credit or debit card payments when you’re on the move.
Paying by Card - Automated Payment Line Paying by Card - Automated Payment Line
You can call our dedicated payment service on 0800 064 3777.
Just make sure you have your Account number and Area reference number to hand. You can find these details at the top right hand corner of your bill.
When you make a card payment through our dedicated payment service, we’ll store your details to make it even quicker and easier next time round and it's available to use 24/7.
Remember, Paying for Broadband, TV and Phone by Direct Debit is by far the easiest and most hassle-free way to pay for your Virgin Media services. It’s really easy to set up, too. Simply register or sign in to your account at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia
Paying by cash Paying by cash
If good old fashioned cash suits you best, there are two easy ways to pay using a paper bill:
- PayPoint - simply take any paper bill with a barcode on it to any bank or PayPoint outlet. PayPoint outlets can be found in your local convenience store, newsagent, supermarket or garage. To find your nearest PayPoint outlet, see the back of your bill, or visit the PayPoint website. If you pay through PayPoint it takes up to 5 days to reach us.
- At a bank - just complete the payment slip at the bottom of your paper bill and take it along to your branch. Paying in this way takes a little bit longer to reach us - up to 10 working days in fact.
Paying by cheque Paying by cheque
Want to pay your bill by cheque? Fill in a payment slip from your paper bill, and take it along with your cheque to your bank. Or you can send the cheque and payment slip straight to us at:
Virgin Media Payments Ltd
PO Box 4014
Paying by internet or phone banking Paying by internet or phone banking
You can pay your bill using your internet or phone banking service by using the following details:
NOTE: If you're using internet banking, you may have to first select "Virgin Media (1)" as the company to pay.
- The Virgin Media Payments Ltd bank account number: 23494314
- The Virgin Media Payments Ltd sort code number: 20-13-42
- Your 14 digit payment reference number
If you receive paper bills you’ll find your 14 digit payment reference on the back of page 1 of your bill. If you are on ebilling you’ll see a 12 digit payment reference in your ebill notification email, just add your two digit Area Reference to the end of this to create your 14 digit payment reference.