How do I track and manage my data usage?
Running out of data can be frustrating, we know. So we've put together some great tips to help you stay in control of your allowance.
1. Get the Virgin Mobile app 1. Get the Virgin Mobile app
You can use the Virgin Mobile app to check your allowance and track your data usage.
2. Free WiFi at 3.5 million+ UK hotspots 2. Free WiFi at 3.5 million+ UK hotspots
When you’re connected to WiFi, you could be saving your mobile data for when you really need it.
The Virgin Mobile Connect app automatically connects you to our WiFi hotspots when you’re out and about. With 3.5 million+ UK hotspots and 10 million+ worldwide, you’ll rarely be without speedy WiFi. You can connect to half of all public WiFi hotspots in the UK, in pubs, bars and other places on the UK high street, major airports and in over 250 London Underground stations and in all Glasgow Subway stations.
Plus, you can stay in control and check your mobile data allowance to see exactly what you’re using.
3. Data rollover and data-free messaging 3. Data rollover and data-free messaging
All Virgin Mobile 4G customers benefit from data rollover and data-free WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Twitter as standard, so you can stretch your data further without leftover data going to waste.
4. Specific device support 4. Specific device support
Head over to our device support page if you want advice about data management tailored to your specific phone. This can include information around;
- Checking your data usage
- Data usage tracking apps
- Restricting background data usage
- Enabling tools to help manage your data usage, like WiFi assist