Factory reset the Hub
- Make sure the Hub is switched on at the wall and at the back of the Hub
- On the back of the Hub, press the pinhole reset button for 10 seconds
- We recommend using a pin/pen for this as the hole is small
- Allow the Hub a few minutes to clear its settings and reboot
- You’ll know it’s ready when the white power light at the front of the Hub is on. Or if you have a Hub 4 the light ring will be solid white.
Important tip: The Hub will return to factory settings, so if you’ve made any changes such as updating your WiFi password, you’ll need to set these up again after the Hub has reset.