To check if Virgin Media services are down in your area, head to our service status page. From there you’ll also be able to test for issues on your home’s service and get help with a fix.
Otherwise, you can check your area’s service status on the My Virgin Media app.
We’re sorry to hear that your Virgin TV service isn’t working as it should. Don’t worry, we’ve got lots of ways to help you.
The best thing to do is to get help online and run a test on your Virgin TV service. We’ll check your TV service and from there let you know if there are any issues in your area, help you fix any faults we find, and book a technician if you need one.
Head to the top of this page, tap the option of the issue you’re having, and follow the steps to get things back to normal.
If you have accessibility needs and won’t be able to run a test online, head to our accessibility page for accessible contact options.
You’ll only be able to book a technician appointment if we find a fault that we can’t fix through our diagnostics steps online, webchat, or over the phone.
The best thing to do is run a test on your services to check for any issues. From there we’ll let you know if there are any issues in your area, help you fix any faults we find, and book a technician if you need one.
It could be that the Virgin TV remote isn’t paired up with the TV box, or that the remote needs to be reset. If you’ve got a Virgin TV V6, 360 or Stream box, find out how to do that in the link below.
Whether you’ve lost the remote or don’t want to move from your cosy spot, download and sign in to either the Virgin TV Go app or the Virgin TV Control app to turn your mobile or tablet into an extra remote.
Virgin TV 360 and Stream from Virgin Media boxes
- Go to either the App Store or Google Play to download and sign in to the Virgin TV Go app
- For iOS devices, tap the Connect to TV icon at the top right-hand side of the screen
- For Android devices, go the Main Menu > Guide > My Shows > Manage > Info > Remote Control
Virgin TV V6 and TiVo box boxes
- Go to the App Store or Google Play to download and sign in to the Virgin TV Control app
- For iOS devices, tap the More button at the bottom right of the screen, then tap Remote Control from the menu
- For Android devices, tap the Menu button at the bottom right of the screen, then tap Remote Control from the menu
- If you see a message letting you know you’re not connected to the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box on the home network, just press Connect