What is F-Secure SAFE?
Worried about the security of your computer and devices while online? Don't worry, Virgin Media has teamed up with F-Secure to help protect your devices (up to 5 - whether it’s a tablet, mobile, PC or Mac!)
If you’ve got either Virgin Broadband or Virgin Mobile, you can download F-Secure SAFE to keep you and your family safe online anywhere, and on any device. What’s more, it protects you against all the latest threats, automatically.
F-Secure SAFE is a multi-award winning online security solution which is free to all Virgin Media customers for the first year, and it includes:
- Virus protection: detects and removes viruses, malware and spyware that can delete your files, photos and steal your money
- Banking and shopping protection: secures all of your online sessions to keep your money and details safe from hackers
- Family protection: parental controls enables you to block unsuitable websites or apps and manage your kids’ online browsing
- Anti-theft protection: locates, locks and wipes your Android mobile devices to stop others accessing your personal information
- Support: provides a fast and reliable online chat or phone service to help you tackle issues or concerns straight away
How do I start using F-Secure SAFE?
- Before you begin, make sure your devices can support this online solution. Check the information below to see the supported platforms and system requirements before installing F-Secure SAFE.
- You can begin a free trial without any obligation or having to hand over card details. Simply set up your F-Secure SAFE account by clicking here if you’re a Virgin Broadband customer or here if you are a Virgin Mobile customer.
- To install the F-Secure SAFE software, all you need to do is click here.
How does it work?
- After installation onto your chosen devices, F-Secure SAFE will automatically scan your devices several times a day to keep them well protected
- F-Secure SAFE installs updates on your machine whenever they are released, so you will always be running the most up-to-date version at no extra cost
- Parental Controls can also be set for each user and scheduled to enforce rules for certain types of content or the times your children can be online
- You can learn more about Parental Controls and other safety features by checking How to use F-Secure SAFE
Note: With your F-Secure SAFE account, you can choose which devices you want to protect (up to 5). If you change or lose your device, or need to re-install the security service, you can move or re-install it to another in just a few clicks: How do I install/uninstall F-Secure SAFE?
Internet security for your PC
Windows 10* with the latest updates installed
Windows 7 (SP1)
(*ARM based tablets are not supported)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or higher
Memory requirements: 1 GB or more
Disk space: 600MB free disk space
Internet security for your Mac
macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
Memory requirements: 1 GB or more
Disk space: 250 MB free disk space
Internet security for your mobile device (smartphone or tablet)
Android 5.0 or later with 70MB of free disk space
iOS 11 or later with 10MB of free disk space
čeština, dansk, Deutsch, eesti, English, español, español (Latinoamérica), français, magyar, italiano, Nederlands, polski, português (Brasil), português (Portugal), română, suomi, svenska, Türkçe, ελληνικά, русский, 简体中文, 日本語, 繁體中文 (香港)