How to use F-Secure SAFE
F-Secure SAFE comes with some great features such as Parental Controls, SAFE Banking and is available for your mobile devices too.
Turn Parental Controls on
Parental control has three pre-set profiles that limit the web content in different ways. Teenagers can have more freedom to browse the internet, while small children have tighter restrictions on their online activities. The adult age group can browse the internet without limitations.
If the parental controls were not turned on during installation of the product, you can turn it on as follows:
- Tap the Menu button in the upper-right hand corner and select Parental control
- Enter password and click OK
- Tap your chosen age group
- If you want to view and change blocked categories, tap the arrow next to the age group
- Select the content you want to allow. Once you have selected the age group, Parental control will allow access accordingly
Note: When you turn on Parental control, it clears your browsing history.
Reset Parental control password
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it yourself in a few short steps.
- In the dialog box requesting the security code, tap I have forgotten my security code
- Once the security code reset window opens, tap OK
- An email will be sent to your registered address
- Open the email and follow the instructions
- Set a new security code through the Anti-Theft settings and store it carefully
Note: You can use the F-Secure Key application to keep your passwords safe
Alternatively, you can contact F-Secure support on 020 3936 3621
Turning on F-Secure SAFE Banking Protection
This feature protects your online banking sessions and transactions by blocking connections that are not necessary for online banking – either when you access your bank’s website or make online payments.
To turn Banking Protection on:
- Select the Windows user account that you want to edit and click Settings (admin rights are needed to access this page)
- Select Banking Protection
- Click the button in the top-right corner to turn Banking Protection on, or off if you change your mind
- Select OK to turn this on for the chosen account
- If you want to keep your current internet connections open when accessing online banking, select Do not interrupt my active Internet connections
F-Secure SAFE is a complete security program, so it is not recommended to run several security applications on your device. This can affect the performance of your computer.
During installation, F-Secure SAFE will look for conflicting or older security software programs running on your machine and prompt you to remove the software.
F-Secure SAFE will always ask for your permission before removing any software, but we do advise that you follow the on-screen instructions throughout the installation process. You can also remove conflicting software manually via your Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs.
Note: Allowing F-Secure SAFE to be installed in conjunction with a conflicting security application may leave your system vulnerable to online threats.
If you are unable to resolve an issue with F-Secure SAFE Internet Security yourself, please contact F-Secure support on 020 3936 3621
What should I do when a website gets blocked?
A Browsing Protection block page appears when you try to access a site that has been rated harmful.
If you want to enter the website anyway, you can unblock it:
- Simply click Allow web site
- Windows User Access Control asks you to confirm this action
- If necessary, enter your administrator account information, and confirm the change