How to use F-Secure SAFE
F-Secure SAFE comes with some great features such as parental controls, SAFE Banking as well as being available for your mobile devices too.
Turning on Parental Controls in F-Secure SAFE
If the parental control was not turned on during installation of the product, you can turn it on as follows:
- Tap the Menu button in the upper-right hand corner and select Parental control
- Enter password and click OK. The Parental control page opens
- Tap the age group you want to select. Parental control has three pre-set profiles that limit the web content in different ways. Teenagers can have more freedom to browse the Internet while small children have tighter restrictions on their online activities. The adult age group can browse the Internet without limitations
- If you want to view and edit blocked categories, tap the arrow next to the age group
- Select the content that you want to allow. Once you have selected the age group, Parental control allows access only to web sites that you have configured
Note: When you turn on Parental control, it clears your browsing history.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it yourself by following the steps below.
- In the dialog requesting the security code, tap the I have forgotten my security code link. The Security Code reset window opens
- Tap OK. An e-mail is sent to your defined e-mail address
- Open the e-mail and to reset the security code, follow the instructions given
- Set a new security code through the Anti-Theft settings and store it carefully. Use, for example the F-Secure Key application to keep your passwords safe
Alternatively, you can contact F-Secure support on 020 3936 3621
Turning on F-Secure SAFE Banking Protection
When Banking Protection is turned on, your online banking sessions and transactions are protected.
To turn Banking Protection on:
- On the main page, select the Windows user account that you want to edit and click Settings
Note: You need administrative rights to access this page
- Select Banking protection
- Click the switch in the top-right corner to turn Banking Protection on and off
- Select OK. Banking Protection is now turned on for the selected user account
- If you want to keep your current connections open, select Do not interrupt my active Internet connections
When you access your bank's web site or make online payments, banking protection activates and blocks all connections that are not necessary for online banking. This means that it closes all your current Internet connections as well unless you select this setting
Will F-Secure SAFE work with my existing security software?
During installation, F-Secure SAFE will look for conflicting or older security software programs running on your machine.
F-Secure SAFE is a complete security program and running several security applications is not recommended as it can affect the performance of your computer and cause conflicts.
F-Secure SAFE will prompt you to remove conflicting software during the installation process. Allowing F-Secure SAFE to be installed in conjunction with a conflicting security application may leave your system vulnerable to online threats.
F-Secure SAFE will always ask for your permission before removing older security software, but we do advise that you follow the on-screen instructions that appear during the installation process.
You can also remove conflicting software manually via your Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs.
If you are unable to resolve an issue with F-Secure SAFE Internet Security yourself, please contact F-Secure support on 020 3936 3621
What to do when a web site is blocked?
A Browsing Protection block page appears when you try to access a site that has been rated harmful.
When a Browsing Protection block page appears:
- If you want to enter the web site anyway, click Allow web site. Windows User Access Control asks you to confirm this action
- If necessary, enter your administrator account information, and then confirm the change