How to cancel your Virgin Media contract
This depends on which service you’d like to cancel.
To cancel Virgin broadband, TV or phone: call our Customer Serice team on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111* from any other phone. Select the option 'If you're thinking of leaving Virgin Media'.
Here’s what you need to do for cancelling a Virgin mobile contract
But before you decide to leave, below is important information that you should know.
In this article
When should you cancel your Virgin Media contract?
You can cancel your agreement at any time by giving 30 days' notice. If you cancel this agreement before the minimum period has finished (and not during the cooling off period) you may have to pay an early disconnection fee. See below for more details.
When you take out Virgin Media broadband, TV or phone services, the kit provided is included as part of your services. This means that if you disconnect or change your Virgin Media service, you’ll need to return Virgin Media equipment
If you leave within your minimum contract period, you may be charged outstanding line rental or monthly charges to the end of the contract.
The minimum fixed term contract period for our services is 9, 12 or 18 months, depending on your particular offer or bundle. And if you're on a 30 day rolling contract, you'll just need to give 30 days' notice.
For more detailed information, take a look at our terms and conditions
If you decide to leave us after your minimum fixed term contract period, you'll just need to give us 30 days' notice.
When you cancel your services, you’ll have access to your Virgin Media Mail account for 90 days, before we close it. This should be enough time to save any contacts, emails and files.
If you decide to end part, or all of your services with Virgin Media during a minimum period, we may charge you an Early Disconnection Fee.
Early Disconnection Fees vary between customers, as the calculation of how much is charged depends on:
• The services that you have.
• How much you pay for those services.
• How much of your minimum period remains for each service.
For more detailed information, take a look at my Virgin Media contract
Best method for cancelling your Virgin Media contract
You can cancel your contract three ways: phone, text or in writing.
You can send your letter to:
Remember to include your account number, address, full name and phone number in your letter, so we can contact you to discuss the necessary details.
Why are you leaving Virgin Media?
If you’re thinking of leaving because you’re unhappy with your services, there might be an alternative.
• Moving can be stressful, without having to sort out your broadband and TV, too. Why not stick around and see just how easy we can make moving your services?
• If service faults are the reason you want to leave, use our service status tool to see what the issues are – and what can be done to solve them.
• If it’s to do with price, get in touch with us to see if there’s a better deal for you. The Virgin Media retention team are there to see what others offers are available for you.
You'd need to give thirty days notice to cancel and then have no service at your address, before being able to re-join as a new customer again.
Reasons to stay with us
• It’s the fastest broadband around.
• Servicing is on us.
• Data-free messaging.
• Watch your way with Virgin TV Go app.
• Free technician call-outs.
• The fastest, most powerful V6 Box to date.
• Fibre optic broadband.
*Call costs may vary.