I can't sign in to my Virgin Media email account
Last updated: June 7, 2018
There are a number of reasons why you could be having difficulty signing in to email. Check out the following for the most common solutions.
Changed your login and trying to access webmail? Changed your login and trying to access webmail?
If you changed your preferred login in My Virgin Media to something other than the email address we gave you when you first joined us, the new login is the one you need to use when you access your Virgin Media Mail account via a browser.
For example, if we gave you the username firstname.lastname@example.org, and you changed this to email@example.com in My Virgin Media > My Profile, the second address is the one you need to use to sign in to your firstname.lastname@example.org webmail.
If you use an email client, you need to use your Virgin Media Mail address as the username.
Forgotten your username or password? Forgotten your username or password?
If you've forgotten your My Virgin Media username or password, there are options on the My Virgin Media Sign in page that you can use to find out your username and reset your password. Check, What to do if you've forgotten your My Virgin Media username or password for more information on how to do this.
Using a saved browser bookmark or favourite to access web mail? Using a saved browser bookmark or favourite to access web mail?
If you use Virgin Media Mail web mail regularly you may have saved the page to your browser. As part of some recent changes to our web mail service, you may find this link no longer works.
We recommend accessing your web mail from My Virgin Media, as this also provides links to our other services and information about your Virgin Media account. To do this:
- Go to My Virgin Media
- Save this page to your browser bookmarks or favourites.
- Click Sign In and enter your My Virgin Media details – remember these may not be the same as your Virgin Media email address if you’ve changed your My Virgin Media username.
- Once you’ve signed into My Virgin Media click on the Email link in the top right of the page. This will take you to your web mail inbox.
With My Virgin Media you can:
- Switch to eBilling, if you haven’t already done so. It’ll save you £21 a year.
- Stay up to date with your current account balance by checking your usage.
- Pay your bill or set up or change your Direct Debit. If you haven’t set up Direct Debit and want to know about how to pay by credit or debit card, check our video: How do I make a payment online, using QuickPay.
Browser out of date error Browser out of date error
In order to check out the latest Virgin Media Mail features, we suggest that you upgrade your browser to the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari for a faster and better Virgin Media Mail experience.
Unfortunately, if your computer is running Windows XP, you won’t be able to upgrade your IE8 browser to a more modern version, or upgrade your IE9 browser if you are on Windows Vista.
Note: it is possible to use an alternative browser but, as Windows has ended support for XP and will end support for Vista in April 2017, alternative browsers may not always be available. Where possible we highly recommend updating to a supported and secure version of Windows.