My On Demand services aren't working on Virgin Media TV
Last updated: August 23, 2018
If you’re having a hiccup with your On Demand service, we’re here to help.
First, please check our Service status page for up to the minute information on known issues in your area.
To keep an eye on how your TV services are working when you’re on the move, just download our handy My Virgin Media app onto a compatible iPhone or Android mobile handset.
On Demand show availability
As soon as the rights to an On Demand show expire, we need to remove it from our service. Some shows return at a later date with additional episodes or as a complete series. Keep your eyes peeled on the On Demand menus to catch the latest episodes.
Getting an error message?
If you’re getting an error message or have another problem:
- If you see a message letting you know the service is unavailable or experiencing high demand, wait a few minutes, and then give it another go. It’s not uncommon that the second attempt will work without a problem
- If you’re using an app on a Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box such as Netflix and are getting an error message, then check with the provider that your account is ok
- Still having trouble? Next try resetting your set top box. See Restart or reset your Virgin TV Box on how to do this
Have we restricted your service?
If you still can’t access On Demand, this may be because we’ve restricted your service – there are two possible reasons for this:
- If you’ve just joined us, we may apply a bar to some services, based on the results of your credit check. This can be reviewed after you've been with us for 6 months, and you've made all payments on time
- If you're using services more than normal, we may restrict or bar your services temporarily to ensure you’re aware of what you’re spending
Our terms and conditions have more details on both policies.
Just so you know, we'll always try and contact you before we restrict your services.
If none of these suggestions have fixed the problem, call our team on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111* from any other phone.
*For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.