No WiFi connection
No one likes going back to the dark ages, so let’s work out how to get you back online.
Step 1 - Is the issue with one or all devices?
- If one of your devices is suffering with no connection whilst the others are working fine, there could be a limitation with the device. Try rebooting it and connecting whilst you’re in the same room as your Hub.
- Make sure the WiFi settings on your device is turned on and enabled.
- Can you see your Hub’s network name on the device you’re trying to connect? If not, try rebooting your Hub. You can see your network name on the bottom of your Hub, unless you’ve changed it yourself.
Step 3 - Is your Hub setup correctly?
- Have you installed your equipment recently? To check your kit has been set up correctly check out our guide.
- Check all power leads and cables are tightly fastened.
- Keep your Hub out in the open. Out of cabinets, next to the telly (not behind it), and away from monitors and fish tanks. These objects can block and slow down your WiFi signal.
Step 4 - Reboot your Hub
- Turn your Hub off for a few seconds using the power switch at the back of the Hub, then turn it back on.
- Wait for a few minutes while the Hub reboots. The white base light will come on first, then the internet and WiFi lights will flash green for a while. Once the base light’s showing as solid white by itself, you’re back in business, so try again.
- If that doesn’t work, use a paperclip or pen to press the Reset button on the back of your Hub. Holding the button down for over 5 seconds while the Hub is powered on will start restoring the Hub back to its factory settings (this will take a few minutes and the Hub will reboot at the end). This will reset your WiFi Network Name, WiFi Password and Settings Password to the ones printed on the bottom of the Hub.
- Or, use the Virgin Media Connect app to reboot your Hub from the comfort of your sofa.
Still not having any luck?
If you've tried all our WiFi Wins, double-checked you're getting the correct wired Ethernet connection speed, and you're still experiencing a problem with speeds over WiFi, there are some other things to consider such as the weather and peak times for browsing. If you’d like to speak to a member of our team, please call us on 03454541111*
*for call costs to our team from Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary.
Home environment, device limitations, number of users and time of day may affect WiFi performance. Acceptable use policy applies.