Posted by Neil Illingworth Business
Virgin Media Accelerator Demo Day: The future of a more exciting everyday
7th July 2016
Four months ago, 10 startups from across the world won their place on the Virgin Media Accelerator programme which is powered by Techstars and backed by Liberty Global. From Venice Beach and Milan to Dublin and Berlin, the startups come from a diverse mix of digital cultures but have one thing in common – the passion, ambition and imagination to drive the development of everyday technology innovations that promise to make a difference.
Since then, each of startups visited Silicon Valley to meet some of the most successful technology companies including Google and Cable Lab. They’ve flown on an inaugural Virgin America flight from San Francisco to Denver with Sir Richard Branson where they witnessed and took part in a live-streamed debate from 33,000 ft. A stint at Techstar’s Boulder HQ rounded off their time in the US, followed by 14 weeks at the Accelerator HQ in Aldgate, London where they worked with senior executives from Liberty Global and Virgin Media, partners and senior staff from Techstars as well as experienced mentors from London’s startup ecosystem.
This journey culminates in a Demo Day, taking place on Thursday 7th July, where each one will pitch to some of the world’s leading investors for the chance to secure further capital and showcase their incredible businesses. The 10 startups are:
- Ecoisme – a home monitoring solution that enables people to monitor and regulate their energy usage
- Goalshouter – a streaming platform for football fans that allows them to attend local games and support the local clubs that broadcasters don’t carry
- KonnectAgain – an Alumni Community Platform dedicated to keeping communities of employees connected, engaged and invested in success
- Rally – a customer acquisition and rewards platform creating lasting connections between businesses and their customers
- Repairly – a trusted two hour turnaround home repair service for mobile devices that replaces a throw away culture with a ‘goes around comes around’ customer service model
- Sponsokit – a matchmaker platform for brands and content creators committed to generating highly engaging native digital video people won’t block, burn or dismiss
- Stepsize – an AI capable of developing software for anyone
- Synervoz – an audio startup looking to enable Star-Trek style spontaneous voice chat
- Teltoo – a content broadcasting platform that uses multiple serving points to spread the load carried by each to deliver an exceptional HD & 4K video content experience
- Wizdish – a hybrid virtual/physical experience that combines neuroscience and advanced technology so you can ‘take a walk’ through your virtual reality
It’s just the beginning of the journey for this group of startups so keep an eye out for bigger things to come.