Buy your mobile online or call 0800 064 3837
The legal stuff
Freestyle Contracts: Based on either a 24 or 36 month interest free Consumer Credit Agreement provided by Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited and a 30 day rolling Pay Monthly Airtime Contract with Virgin Mobile Telecoms Limited. Credit check & payment by Direct Debit required. You must pay off your loan in full in order to upgrade your handset. 0% APR Representative. Prices shown require eBilling. For paper bills add £1.50 per month.
Virgin Media Limited is an appointed representative of Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number: 626215)
*Each April your airtime plan will increase by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February +3.9%. We’ll give you 30 days’ notice of the exact increase.
5G: 5G compatible device, Freestyle or SIM Only plan and coverage required.
Download times are based on average 5G download speeds Q3 2019 (at 140Mbps).
For more details see virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds.html
Host a group video call in HD: HD compatible device required
4G Calling: All 4G Calling usage will deplete from Pay Monthly plan allowance. Any 4G Calling usage beyond inclusive allowance will be charged at the standard rates of the Pay Monthly plan. Access to 4G Calling service requires a 5G Pay Monthly plan and a compatible device. Virgin Media can’t guarantee that devices not supplied directly by Virgin Media will be compatible with 4G Calling. UK only.*No bank or credit card details are needed up front for the trial.
**Virgin Media Internet Security: New Virgin Media Internet customers only. Registration required. One subscription per Virgin Media customer. Not available on BlackBerry. See onlineshop.f-secure.com for full details. Unlimited devices, after the first 15 devices will need to be registered via f-secure. £3 per month or annual subscription for £30. For full terms and conditions see f-secure.com/en/legal/terms
Terms & conditions - Third party offers
Get 6 months FREE Apple Music
Offer is available for new subscribers with an eligible device for a limited time only. Plan automatically renews at your region's price per month until cancelled. No purchase necessary for current owners of eligible devices. Service availability varies by region. Restrictions and other terms apply. Not all content is available in Dolby Atmos. Accessing Dolby Atmos features requires Dolby Atmos-capable devices. Playback quality will depend on hardware, audio accessories, and internet connection. Visit: https://www.apple.com/uk/promo/pdf/EN_GB_Apple_Music_Promo_090821.pdf
Get 3 month FREE Apple TV+
£4.99/month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer valid for three months after eligible device activation, from 1 November 2019. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply, visit: https://www.apple.com/uk/promo/pdf/UK_ATV+_Promo_TandCs.pdf
Get 3 months FREE Apple Fitness+
Apple Fitness+ is free for 3 months, then £9.99/month or £79.99 annually. Share with up to five family members. From 15 September 2020, customers who purchase an Apple Watch Series 3 or later will be able to start with three months of Apple Fitness+ free. The offer can be redeemed on your iPhone. You’ll need to update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest OS, and you’ll have three months to redeem the offer after the first activation of the eligible device.
- A subscription is required for Apple Fitness+.
- Apple Fitness+ requires iOS 14.3 or later, iPadOS 14.3 or later, watchOS 7.2 or later, and tvOS 14.3 or later. To get the newest features, use Apple Fitness+ with tvOS 15 or later
- £9.99/month after trial. Offer valid for three months after eligible device activation. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply,visit: https://www.apple.com/uk/promo/pdf/EN_UK_Fitness_Plus_Promo_TandCs.pdf
Apple Trade In offers
Get an extra £185 cashback when you trade in your old phone Purchase an iPhone 11 device between 05.07.22 to 01.08.22 and receive £185 cashback in addition to your Trade In value. Trade In value amount quoted depends on the make, model and condition of phone traded in and will be paid via BACS transfer to your account. For full terms and conditions see virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/trade-in.
Get an extra £180 cashback when you trade in your old phone: Purchase an iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 13 Mini & iPhone 13 device between 05.07.22 to 01.08.22 and receive £180 cashback in addition to your Trade In value. Trade In value amount quoted depends on the make, model and condition of phone traded in and will be paid via BACS transfer to your account. For full terms and conditions see virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/trade-in.
General Mobile General Mobile
General: Phones subject to availability. Each April your airtime plan will increase by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February +3.9%. We’ll give you 30 days’ notice of the exact increase. Plans include UK calls to UK landlines (01, 02, 03) & UK mobile networks. Calls & texts to mobiles in Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man are not covered by your inclusive monthly usage allowance. UK texts and data only. Speeds experienced will vary by device and location.
Calls to service numbers: The cost of calling 084, 087, 118 and 09 is formed of a combined access and service charge: we set the access charge and the company you’re calling set the service charge. Your access charge for these numbers will be shown on your bill and is currently 58p per minute for Pay Monthly. The service charge will be advertised by the company that you are calling.
Calls to other non-geographic numbers: Freephone calls starting 0800 or 0808 are free from mobiles. Calls to 070 numbers will cost you up to 75p per minute in the UK.
Pay Monthly SIM Only: 30 day rolling contract applies.
Mobile Broadband: Usage amounts given as example only. Credit check and payment by Direct Debit required. 30 day rolling contract. If you cancel during the contract you will incur an early disconnection fee. Data bundle is for use within the UK only. Access and speeds are subject to network coverage. Voice-Over-Internet Protocol is not supported. If your use exceeds your monthly allowance you will be charged at the out-of-bundle rate of £3 a day per GB for each day that you use data. Roaming charges apply to your use outside the UK. Pay Monthly terms of service apply. Mobile WiFi device required with upfront fee of £39.99. For full terms and conditions visit virginmobile.com/legalstuff.
Guaranteed next day replacement: Applies to all claims accepted before 6pm Sunday to Friday.
Money back guarantee: Our 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee lets you exchange your joining pack or phone for a different one of the same value or get a full refund, less any airtime you’ve bought. Prepaid packaging will be provided to post it back. Pay Monthly customers will be charged for any airtime used. Calls and texts prior to return will be charged at 31p per minute and 13p per text.
Faster average 4G speed: Superfast 4G as standard.
Virgin Media Internet Security: New Virgin Media Internet customers only. Registration required. One subscription per Virgin Media customer. Not available on BlackBerry. See onlineshop.f-secure.com for full details. Unlimited devices, after the first 15 devices will need to be registered via F-Secure. £3 per month or annual subscription for £30. See onlineshop.f-secure.com for full details.
For full terms and conditions see f-secure.com/en/legal/terms
MMS messaging: MMS messages to some providers/networks may be delivered by our partner service BICS and will require the recipient to download the content of the message.
Roam Like Home: Fair use policy applies. See virginmedia.com/legalstuff
Spending Caps: Spending caps are now available to all pay monthly customers who have joined or re-contracted with Virgin Media on or after 24 September 2018. Spending caps can be added when you join/re-contract with Virgin Media and will take effect immediately or from your next bill cycle if implemented at a later stage. Increasing or removing your cap will take effect immediately, but any reduction in spending cap will take effect from your next bill cycle. Any changes will be confirmed via text. Spending caps will not override the credit limit. Upon reaching 80% of your spending cap, you will receive a notification by SMS. Once the spending cap has reached 100%, you will receive a further SMS notification and no further out-of-bundle charges can be applied to your account (in-bundle services and access to emergency numbers will remain unaffected). Usage-related charges (including but not limited to calls or texts to premium or international numbers or roaming outside of the EU) count towards the cap; one-time charges (including but not limited to late payment fees and paper bill charges) do not count towards the cap. View and change your cap through virginmedia.com. See spending Cap Policy at virginmedia.com/legalstuff.
Welcome to Virgin Media Protect, brought to you by Asurion
Virgin Media Protect covers your device against loss, theft and damage (please see the insurance terms and conditions below for further details). Payment is collected in a single monthly premium by Asurion Europe Limited.
Insurance Terms and Conditions
Nobody likes reading the small print, but to avoid any surprises, please:
- Read the insurance Terms and Conditions in full so you know what’s covered, what’s not and how to claim
- Block any lost or stolen device as soon as you discover it’s missing by submitting a claim 24/7 at virginmedia.com/protect or by calling us on 0345 030 3291* to protect against unauthorised calls
- Make a claim, ideally within 30 days of discovering that your device is damaged or missing by calling us on 0345 030 3291*
- Pay the excess fee to complete your claim for a replacement device which may be refurbished to ‘as new’ standard. The excess fee was confirmed in your welcome pack and you can call us at any time to check it
- Comply with our reasonable instructions, including switching off or uninstalling any apps which prevents our access to remove data from the claimed for device
- Return any damaged or faulty device in the pre-paid packaging provided with your replacement – or you’ll be charged a non-return fee (based on the value of the non-returned model)
To review your Virgin Media Protect Terms and Conditions, click here.
Offers + Extras Offers + Extras
Device airtime offers:
£9 for 10GB Airtime plan. Boosted from 5GB. Increased allowance continues as long as you remain on the same plan. Offer ends 04/07/22. Terms and conditions apply, go to https://www.virginmedia.com/legal
£13 for 150GB Airtime plan. Offer ends 04/07/22, Terms and conditions apply, go to https://www.virginmedia.com/legal
£17 for Unlimited Airtime plan. Offer ends 04/07/22, Terms and conditions apply. Terms and conditions apply, go to https://www.virginmedia.com/legal
£8 for 8GB Tablet Airtime plan. Boosted from 4GB. Increased allowance continues as long as you remain on the same plan. Offer ends 04/07/22. Terms and conditions apply, go to https://www.virginmedia.com/legal
April Mobile Competition
- Open to Virgin Media customers, whether new or existing, aged 18 or over and who are UK residents, except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their agents, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw (the “Prize Draw”).
- Prize Draw entry opens at 00:00am on 1st April 2022 and closes at 11.59pm on 30th April 2022 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will be invalid.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must (i) purchase a new mobile phone or new mobile phone with a tablet and / or watch as part of a bundle, or (ii) upgrade your current mobile phone (whether including a tablet and / or watch as part of a bundle, or not) via our online, care or telesales channels during the competition period (1st April – 30th April 2022). Virgin Media will only accept one entry per eligible participant. Tablet only or watch only purchases will not be eligible.
- Prize: The purchased new mobile contract or mobile upgrade contract (handset and airtime) for free for the duration of the contract period.
- The Prize Draw will take place on 25th May 2022. The five winners will be selected randomly. Winners will be notified by Virgin Media on or before 30th May 2022.
- All customers will be required to pay all payments (CCA) and sign all loan agreements in order to benefit from the Prize.
- The Prize winners’ respective account will de debited with the total cost of the contract by Virgin Media 30 days after the end of the competition period. The Prize is non-refundable, transferable, or exchangeable for cash, nor will it include any additional insurance products that the winner choose as part of their contract.
- Virgin Media reserves the right to cancel and/or amend these terms and conditions and/or the Prize Draw at any stage but we will only do so for reasons outside of our reasonable control. We will endeavour to minimize the effect of such cancellation or amendment on participants in order to avoid disappointment, which may include providing an alternative Prize if the original Prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
- Multiple, bulk or automatically generated votes won’t be valid.
- Virgin Media doesn’t accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- Virgin Media doesn’t assume any responsibility or liability for communications failure, regardless of cause, with regards to notifying winners
- The name and county of the winners will be made available for a period of 1 month after the closing date. To receive this, please send a Subject Access Request marked ‘upgrade Competition’ to: Griffin House, 161 Hammersmith Road, Hammersmith, London W6 8BS.
- Virgin Media and its agents shall not be responsible or liable to compensate the winners for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of these terms and conditions and/or in connection with the Prize (to the extent permissible by law).
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or issues arising out of or in connection with them (whether contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, breach of statute/regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any disputes or issues.
- Promoter is Virgin Media Limited, whose registered office is at 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU. General Terms and Conditions apply, here virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/general-promotion-terms-and-conditions.
All other offers:
Data Rollover: Unused data from your inclusive monthly allowance will be added to next month’s allowance (Rollover Data). Rollover Data is used ahead of your monthly data. Unused Rollover Data expires at the end of that monthly allowance period. Data add-ons excluded. 4G plans only.
Data-free Messaging on WhatsApp, & Facebook Messenger & Twitter: Standard UK messaging (video, picture, audio) does not deplete data allowance. Live video streaming & Voice & video calls excluded. 4G plans only. When monthly allowance via standard data usage is £3/day per GB. We welcome new messaging partners to this service.
Flexible Plans: Change your airtime plan up or down without penalty at any time during your contract. New allowance and price applies from your next monthly billing cycle until you switch again.
Roam Like Home: Fair use policy applies. See virginmedia.com/legalstuff
Unlimited Data/ Minutes/ Texts: Includes unlimited data, and unlimited minutes and texts allowance to inclusive UK numbers for as long as you remain a Virgin TV, fibre or home phone customer. Includes UK calls to UK landlines (01, 02, 03) & UK mobile networks. Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man mobiles excluded. UK texts and data only.
Freestyle Trade-Up Freestyle Trade-Up
Virgin Media Freestyle Trade Up Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You should understand that by placing an order to Trade Up you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. It is recommended you take note of your IMEI number before you Trade Up in case there are any potential problems with your order. Please see the FAQ for help on how you find your device’s IMEI number
1. What is Freestyle Trade Up?
1.1. Trade up is a service that allows existing Virgin Media Freestyle customers (“you”) to upgrade to a new phone early by using the value in one old phone (a “Device”) to pay off your existing active Freestyle consumer credit agreement (your “Freestyle Loan”) with Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited governed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“Trade Up”).
1.2. You are able to Trade Up any valid Device; it does not need to be the Device associated to your existing Freestyle Loan.
2. Who Provides Trade Up?
2.1. The Trade Up services are operated for and on behalf of Virgin Media Limited (Company No. 2591237) at 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU,(“Virgin Media”) by Likewize UK Limited ( Company No. 08401611) with its registered office at Crewe Logistics Park, Jack Mills Way, Shavington, Crewe, CW2 5XF, England,, (“Likewize”) (together “we”, “us” or “our”).
3.1. To place a Trade Up order, you warrant:
(i) you are a resident in the United Kingdom;
(ii) that you are an existing Virgin Media customer with an active Freestyle Loan with Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited;
(iii) you are the owner of the Device or have obtained express consent from the rightful owner to Trade Up the Device;
(iv) the Device is not subject to any previously agreed trade in or Trade Up arrangement;
(v) the Device was not purchased from Virgin Media within 30 days prior to placing the Trade Up order; and
(vi) the Device is not stolen or listed with us or a third party as stolen.
3.2. As part of the eligibility process, we will check the Device with CheckMEND, from the suppliers of IMMOBILISE as used by UK Police forces to trace stolen and missing property. If the Device fails any due diligence check we may notify the relevant police authority and we may pass the Device and your details to them and the Device Quote as defined in section 4 below will not be used to settle your Freestyle Loan.
4. Placing your Trade Up order
4.1. To determine the value of your Device, when placing your order you shall provide a true and accurate description of the Device, including but not limited to the following information:
(i) the correct brand/make, model and IMEI number of the Device you wish to Trade Up; and
(ii) the condition of the Device that you wish to Trade Up, which shall be classed as either: (a) a working device, which means all features of the Device are in good working order and condition, there is no physical damage to the exterior (e.g. to the buttons or screen) or water damage, the device is able to make/receive calls and SMSs, its battery is included and is able to maintain charge and power up (“Working Device”); &;or (b) a non-working device, which means a Device that is not fully functional (e.g. does not power up, has a damaged screen, case or buttons or has water damage) but includes a battery, is not crushed or bent; has no missing components (“Non-Working Device”).
The Device’s Trade Up value (“Device Quote”) shall be solely determined by Virgin Media, Likewize or a third party based on the make a model of the Device.
Device chargers and accessories may not be returned with your Device and hold no monetary value. They shall not form part of the condition and cannot be used to complete the Trade Up process. Such Device chargers and accessories will not be returned to you; therefore we recommend you carefully check the contents of your package before returning it to us.
4.2. Once a Trade Up order is placed, the Device Quote shall be valid for up to 14 calendar days to enable you to complete your order. If the Device arrives after 14 calendar days from the date the Trade Up order is placed, the Device Quote shall be updated – see section 5.1(ii).
4.3. You will be sent a free postage pack via Royal Mail after placing your order; this will normally arrive 2-3 working days after your Trade Up order has been placed. We do not accept responsibility for lost, stolen, late or damaged postage packs containing your Device. Proof of sending is not is not proof of receiving.
4.4. If we don’t receive your Device after 28 calendar days, your Trade Up order will be cancelled. For the avoidance of doubt, your current active Freestyle Loan and any new Freestyle Loan are separate and shall continue to be payable as normal and in line with your recently advised payment schedule.
4.5. Important Information prior to Trade Up:
(i) By placing your order and sending your Device, you will be unable to cancel your order.
(ii) Please remove any SIM card and any accessories, including without limitation memory cards, prior to Trade Up. We shall not be liable for any consequences of you not removing the SIM card or accessories, including any charges then occurred. You shall continue to be responsible for such charges; and
(iii) We strongly encourage you to backup and store elsewhere any data stored on the phone any memory card, including but not limited to images, messages and videos, on the Device that you wish to retain before to Trade Up. We will not be liable for any damage, confidentiality, loss or erasure of any such data, including personal data, or for any consequences of you not removing your data, including use or disclosure of such data.
5. Trade Up contributing to your Freestyle Loan
5.1. Once your order has been received, we shall, in our absolute discretion, determine whether the description of the Device when the Trade Up order is placed, is an accurate and true description of the Device received:
(i) If it is determined to be a true and accurate description, the Device Quote shall be used to part settle/settle your existing active Freestyle Loan.
(ii) If it is determined to not be a true and accurate description or if the Device is received after 14 calendar days from the Trade Up order and the value has subsequently changed, then the Device Quote shall be invalidated and a new revised quote (“Revised Value”) will be offered to you to part settle/settle your Freestyle Loan. You shall be notified of such Revised Value by e-mail and you shall have 5 calendar days from the issue of the Revised Value to either accept or reject the Revised Value. If you do not accept or reject the Revised Value, we shall assume you accept the Revised Value and this will be used to part settle/settle your existing active Freestyle Loan. If you do reject the Revised Value, we shall return the Device back to you free of charge. You have 14 calendar days from your acceptance or rejection of the Revised Value to cancel your new Freestyle Loan.
5.2. For the avoidance of doubt, the Device Quote or, if accepted, the Revised Value shall only contribute to your existing Freestyle Loan. Any outstanding amount on your existing Freestyle Loan remains payable in line with your recently advised payment schedule until paid off completely. This balance can be paid by contacting Virgin Media and making a debit or credit card contribution.
5.3. Payments in relation to your existing Freestyle Loan will not be taken for up to 30 calendar days from the date your Trade Up order was placed to allow us to process your order. After 30 calendar days, your payment shall resume and a revised payment schedule will be sent to you by email.
5.4. If the Device Quote or Revised Value is higher than the balance of your existing Freestyle Loan, a credit for the difference between the Device Quote Value or Revised Value and the outstanding balance of the Freestyle Loan shall be paid into the bank account, used to pay your existing Freestyle Loan monthly payments, within 10 working days.
6. Privacy and Data Protection
6.1. Where applicable, any data collected during the course of the Trade Up services will be processed and stored wholly in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to ensure no data will be processed or stored outside the EEA or by third party organisation, except for the administration of the Trade Up services.
6.2. By placing a Trade Up order with us, Virgin Media and/or Likewize may use your personal information to contact you about special offers about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
6.4. We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions from time to time. If we make changes to the term and conditions of this Agreement, then we will notify and make available such revised terms and conditions.
6.5. Ownership of the Device shall only pass to us once we have received the Device and when the Device Quote or Revised Value has been accepted and payment has been dispatched to you.
6.6. Subject to 7.6, in no event shall Likewize, Virgin Media, their affiliates, directors employees, agents or licensors, be responsible or liable for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, arising in any way out of the Trade Up Services, including but not limited to, (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Virgin Media or Likewize’s control); (b) any theft , unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any part the Trade Up order or after order process that is late, lost, altered damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Virgin Media or Likewize) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Virgin Media or Likewize; (d) any tax liability incurred in connection with the Trade Up; or (e) use of the Trade Up services.
6.7. By placing your Trade Up order, you agree, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, and except as provided herein, to release and hold Virgin Media and Likewize harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Trade Up including without limitation, acceptance, receipt use and/or misuse of the Trade Up services.
6.8. Virgin Media and Likewize reserve the right to invalidate any Trade Up order where there is suspected fraudulent use of the Trade Up services.
6.9. Nothing in these terms and conditions his agreement shall limit or exclude Likewize’s or Virgin Media’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence and any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
6.10. We are not liable or responsible for the failure to perform the Trade Up services, if in any way the Trade Up services are not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reasons beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation the act of default of any third party supplier and/or our compliance with any applicable law or regulations.
6.11. This agreement and any dispute or claim arising in relation to the same shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Refer a friend Refer a friend
What is refer a friend?
Refer a friend is a brilliant way of rewarding you for introducing your friends and family to Virgin Media, Virgin Mobile or to both Virgin Media and O2 if you’re a customer with Volt benefits.
It’s easy, too – just register your email address to get your unique referral link, or use your exclusive referral code that can be quoted over the phone.
If your friend successfully places an order on the Virgin Media website through your link or code, you’ll both receive a cash reward 60 days after either the install of their services or delivery of a phone. Or your friend can quote the referral code over the phone when they first place their order (they can’t use the referral code on the website itself).
Share the good stuff and start referring your friends now!
How much money can I earn?
Referring friends and family to Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile, or to Virgin Media and O2 on a Volt package means you can pocket cash rewards.
If your referrals are successful, you can earn up to £50 each for a referral to Virgin Media, and for Virgin Mobile you’ll get up to £50 each if you refer a mobile phone. You can see how much you’ve earnt by signing in to your referral account with Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio.
Just head here and select ‘sign in’.
And what’s more, you can refer as many mates as you like!
Where can I get an overview of my rewards?
You can check out an overview of your referrals, their status, and the rewards you’ve earned by signing in to your referral account with Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio. Just head here and click ‘sign in’. We’ll also email you as soon as your referral account is credited from a successful referral.
How and when will my friend and I receive our cash reward?
Your friend will be eligible for the reward at the same time as you are. After your friend has had their services installed for 60 days, or if it’s a mobile order 60 days after the phone is delivered, you’ll both be eligible for a reward providing they’ve not cancelled their new contract within this time.
Once the cancellation period has expired, we’ll send your rewards to Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio. In some cases, it can take up to nine weeks after your mate’s services have been installed or their phone delivered for Aklamio to pop the reward in your referral accounts. Aklamio will contact you when the rewards have been confirmed, and both of you can have it paid into either your bank account or PayPal account at any time from your referral accounts.
Can I refer any Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile package?
Refer a friend works for any Virgin Media service; that’s superfast broadband, digital TV and home phone or our Volt packages when you’re a customer of both Virgin Media and O2. It also works for Virgin Mobile pay monthly mobile phones. There are a few offers that you can’t refer friends to, including Mates Rates, My Rates, Tribe, Partner Rates and any contract less than 12 months.
If your friend wants to get Virgin Media, just check they’re able to receive our services in their area. If you're not sure, visit our shop and check which services they can get (you’ll need their postcode and address).
What are the conditions to getting a referral reward?
- You can only get a reward from referring the services and mobile phones outlined in the ‘Can I refer any Virgin Media, or Virgin Mobile or Volt package?’ question above.
- For the order to be eligible for a reward, it needs to be placed using your unique referral link or code. So if you refer a friend online, they must use your referral link. If they take up your referral in a Virgin Media store, or with our Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile sales team over the phone then they need to quote your referral code at the point of sale.
- The friend you refer must be new to Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile. You can’t refer an existing customer or anyone who’s had Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile within the last six months.
- Any new customers who haven’t joined through the referral links or codes won’t be eligible for a cash reward.
- The right to a reward is subject to the general terms and conditions of Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio.
- Just remember that you’ll only get a reward for successful referrals, meaning your friend has to have had their services installed for 30 days, or it’s been 30 days after their phone has been delivered. You will then receive your reward in the following 30 days.
- You won’t be rewarded for referring a product to yourself, and for any referrals that extend or change an existing customer’s Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile contract.
When can I start referring my friends?
Right now! Refer your friends here.
How many referrals can I make?
As many as you like! The more the merrier. Just remember that you’ll only get a reward for successful referrals, meaning your friend has to have had their services installed for 60 days, or it’s been 60 days after their phone has been delivered.
I’m not a Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile customer. Can I still recommend someone?
Yes, you can! We make sure we reward everyone who successfully refers someone to us.
Virgin Media customers are also eligible for exclusive mobile deals, so there’s never been a better time to join.
How do I find out what the amount of each reward is?
Depending on what you recommend, the rewards can vary. Check out the rewards overview section to find out more.
I’ve signed in to my referral account. What do the different reward status descriptors mean in the dashboard?
Pending – Once an order has been successfully placed through a referral link or code, a pending reward will be received by both the referrer and their friend.
Confirmed – Once the 30 day cancellation period has expired, your reward will be confirmed ready to be paid out within the following 30 days.
Rejected – Your reward will be rejected if the conditions have not been met. If you don’t think your reward should have been rejected, get in touch with Virgin Media’s referral partner Aklamio by calling them on 01576 820030 or sending an email to email@example.com
Why was my reward rejected?
Rewards aren’t paid if:
- The friend you referred may have cancelled their Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile services
- The friend you referred didn’t join us via your unique referral link or code."
- The friend you referred is an existing customer or has had Virgin Media, Virgin Mobile or is both a Virgin Media and O2 customer with Volt benefits within the last six months
If you don’t think your reward should have been rejected, or if you need more help, get in touch with Virgin Media’s referral partner Aklamio by calling them on 01576 820030 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It looks like my reward isn’t showing in my referral account. What should I do?
Sometimes rewards might not show up in your account. This could be a technical problem or an issue with your internet browser. Don’t worry, you can make a support request for the missing reward – just call Virgin Media’s referral partner Aklamio on 01576 820030 or email them at email@example.com.
What should I do if I’ve forgotten my log in details?
Don’t panic – you can easily reset your referral account password here.
Or for more help, just call Virgin Media’s referral partner Aklamio on 01576 820030.