- £26.00 a month for 18 months
- Then £51 a month. Prices may change.
Our best home broadband packages
Broadband + Phone
M125 Fibre Broadband & Weekend chatter
M125 Fibre Broadband, Weekend chatter & 100+ TV channels
Broadband + Phone
M250 Fibre Broadband & Weekend chatter
Volt Fibre Broadband + Phone
M125 M250 Fibre Broadband & Weekend chatter + O2 sim
Gig1 Fibre Broadband
Future-proof your home with our fastest broadband speed
Broadband + TV
M350 Broadband & 190+ TV channels
Bigger bundle + Movies
M350 Fibre Broadband, Sky Cinema HD, 200+ TV channels & Weekend chatter
Ultimate Volt bundle
Gig1 Fibre Broadband, 230+ channels with Entertainment, Anytime chatter, Netflix Standard + O2 sim
*O2 sim: Each year your O2 mobile Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%. You’ll see this increase on your April 2023 O2 bill onwards. Since this increase is provided for within your agreement, you will not be able to leave without paying an early termination fee as a result. See O2 Prices.
We don't like to brag… but we're 16x faster
At Virgin Media, we know our broadband is bound to impress thanks to speeds that allow you to get the most out of your connection.
16 times faster: Based on fastest widely available advertised average download speeds (Virgin Media Gig1 average speed 1130Mbps vs average speed 67Mbps for BT Fibre 2 and 59Mbps for Sky Broadband Superfast). For verification see virginmedia.com/fast
What broadband deals can I get?
We offer a range of broadband packages so you can find the right deal for you and your home. Here are some of our best broadband packages:
- Broadband only – Our scaled-back option if you don’t need a landline or TV
- Broadband and phone – A combined option which includes superfast fibre broadband and landline
- Broadband and TV – A package for entertainment lovers that includes broadband and TV
- Broadband, TV and Phone – Bundles that bring together broadband, TV and phone
- Volt bundles – Including Virgin Fibre broadband and an O2 sim, with exclusive Volt benefits built in
- Broadband for low-income families – Get broadband for £12.50 a month if you receive Universal Credit
What to consider when picking a broadband deal?
Finding the best broadband deal for you takes some time and research. We’ve made it easier for you and outlined some factors to take into consideration:
- Price: Think about whether your ideal broadband deal fits within your budget and brings you the best value based on your internet needs. We do have a set-up fee of £35, but look out for our £0 set-up cost offers, which we have from time-to-time.
- Internet speeds: Casual browsing and smaller households will generally need less internet speed. Larger households and more heavy internet users will need an internet deal with more speed. See our broadband speed options below.
- Contract length: To be as flexible as possible, we offer 12, 18 or 24 month contracts. We also offer monthly rolling broadband contracts.
- Usage: If you’re a large household and frequently download music and films, you may need more data, than other households. The good news is that all our broadband deals come with unlimited downloads.
- Broadband packages: It’s most likely that if you’re purchasing broadband you’ll also be interested in landline, TV and SIMs. It’s worth looking at our broadband, tv and phone deals as they bring the most value.
- Location: Depending on where you are in the UK, we will determine which broadband packages and speeds are available in your area. Use our handy broadband postcode checker to see what deals you can get.
What broadband speed do I need?
Different households will need different broadband speeds. Here are our available broadband speeds and what kind of households they suit:
- M125 – An average speed of 132Mbps provides reliable internet for casual browsing, streaming and video calls.
- M250 – Our M250 is a step up from our M125, with an average download speed of 264Mbps.
- M350 – The M350 offer has an average download speed of 362Mbps which allows you to do all the above and is strong enough to stream in 4K for multiple users.
- M500 – M500 offers a very fast and strong internet connection, with an average speed of 516Mbps, meaning it is good for large households that are online at the same time.
- Gig1 – Gigabit broadband is ultrafast broadband – this means an average download speed 1130Mbps, it is made for downloading large files, serious online gaming and streaming content in 4K.
Switching your current home broadband provider to Virgin Media is easy. Before you switch it’s always best to check your contract terms with your current provider first. Read our switching broadband page to find out about the switching process, installation information and more.
If you’re an existing customer looking to upgrade your package or change your contract length, you can do so online through your My Virgin Media account.
All our broadband deals include a set-up fee of £35 as standard, unless the deal you pick has an offer on this fee.
If your home is already connected to our network, you can choose to install our services yourself with our QuickStart kit. Get it delivered at no extra cost either to your home or to a collection point with Click & Collect.
If your home has a connection to the Virgin Media network, or if it’s been connected before and you’d prefer not to install your services yourself, we'll send a technician to get you set up. This usually has an installation fee of £40, unless your deal includes free installation.
Find out more information on broadband installation.
Broadband is service supplied to you by broadband providers like Virgin Media. It is connection that a router of hub uses to connect your home to the internet. Whereas WiFi is a wireless connection in your home, sent out by the router or hub, which allows you to connect your devices to the internet via wireless signals.
The legal stuff
£9.99 setup fee
This offer means you will pay a setup fee of £9.99, instead of the usual setup fee of £35. £9.99 setup fee is available on all bundles, broadband & phone, and broadband only packages with broadband speeds of M50 and M125 until 11th December 2022. If you are eligible for a QuickStart self-install kit, but choose to use an engineer for your installation, you’ll still be charged £30 for this service.
No setup fee
This offer means you won’t pay the usual setup fee of £35. No setup fee is available on all bundles, broadband & phone, and broadband only packages with broadband speeds of M250, M350, M500 and Gig1 until 11th December 2022. If you are eligible for a QuickStart self-install kit, but choose to use an engineer for your installation, you’ll still be charged £30 for this service.
- Read the terms on the Priority app or at o2.co.uk/terms
Fastest WiFi guarantee of any major provider
Comparing WiFi guarantees of major UK ISPs. Terms of guarantee vary by provider. To verify click here. Virgin Fibre Areas only. Available with M50 broadband or faster. £8p/m extra or included with Gig1 or Volt. At least 20Mbps download speeds in every room or £100 one-off credit. Up to 3 WiFi Pods if needed. Excludes broadband faults and broadband network outages. Further exclusions & legal stuff apply.
UK’s fastest widely available broadband
Virgin Media Gig1 (average download speed 1130Mbps) vs fastest widely available average download speeds of UK ISPs. For verification see virginmedia.com/fast