Switching broadband is easy
Keeping an eye on other broadband offers is a good way to ensure you’re getting the best broadband deal for you. If you wait until your current contract is coming to an end, you’ll also save yourself the headache of having to pay early termination fees.
- Check your postcode – Enter your postcode to see what broadband offers are available in your area
- Choose a new broadband deal – Browse from a range of packages and choose what’s best for your home
- Cancel with your provider – Contact your existing provider so they can cancel your contract
- Get online with Virgin Media – Plug our WiFi Hub in or wait for an engineer to do it for you
Learn more about switching broadband
What broadband deals can I get?
We offer a range of broadband packages so you can find the best broadband deal for you and your home. Here are some of the bundles you can choose from:
- Broadband only – Our scaled-back option, offering superfast broadband, just without landline or TV
- Broadband and phone – A combined option which includes superfast fibre broadband and landline, good for customers who regularly use a home phone
- Broadband and TV – A package for entertainment lovers that includes home broadband and TV, with channels like TNT Sports and Sky Cinema
- Broadband, TV and phone – Our all-in-one broadband deals that bring together home broadband, TV and phone
- Broadband and SIM – Also known as our Volt bundles – get Virgin Media Broadband and an O2 SIM, with double the speed and data thanks to Volt benefits
- Broadband for low-income families – Get broadband from £12.50 a month if you receive Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Income-based Employment Support Allowance
- Business broadband – We offer the UK’s fastest widely available business broadband with speeds of up to 1GB. Deals include 24/7 phone support and other features are available to add for extra peace of mind
What to consider when comparing broadband deals?
When it comes to comparing broadband deals and finding the best option for you, consider the following:
Price of your broadband deal
You know what to check. Does your ideal broadband fit your monthly budget? Are there any upfront costs such as a setup fee? If you’re considering the more affordable options, does cheap broadband really meet your needs and offer the best value for money?
Casual browsing and smaller households will generally need less internet speed. Larger households and more heavy internet users will need an internet deal with more speed. Whatever your needs, we have broadband deals to suit you.
Broadband contract length
Just so you know, most of our broadband deals come on standard 18-month contracts, or 24-month contracts. Exempt from this is our Essential broadband for low-income families, student broadband packages with flexible rolling contracts, and a few other deals.
If you’re a large household and frequently download music and films, you may need more data, than other households. The good news is that all our broadband deals come with unlimited downloads.
It’s most likely that if you’re purchasing broadband you’ll also be interested in landline, TV and SIMs. It’s worth looking at our broadband, TV and phone deals as they bring the most value.
Depending on where you are in the UK, we will determine which broadband deals and speeds are available in your area. Use our handy broadband postcode checker to see what deals you can get.
- Equipment - All the necessary Virgin Media kit, such as our wireless broadband Hub, will be provided to you.
- Installation - Fees vary (up to £40) – although you can sometimes take a special offer with ‘£0 installation fee’. Visit broadband installation for more info.
- Setup - Fee of around £35 – but keep an eye out for special offer broadband no setup deals.
Our home phone plans have line rental included in the price. So if you choose a broadband only deal line rental won’t be charged and there’s no extra cost for our other broadband deals.
Broadband is service supplied to you by broadband providers like Virgin Media. It is connection that a router of hub uses to connect your home to the internet. Whereas WiFi is a wireless connection in your home, sent out by the router or hub, which allows you to connect your devices to the internet via wireless signals.
Whether you go for our QuickStart self-installation kit or opt for an engineer visit, you’ll need to be at home for your Virgin Media services to be setup.
- With our QuickStart self-install kit, the clue is in the name! This is a fast and easy way to get your home broadband setup, with no drilling or technical know-how needed. Plus, if your home is set up for QuickStart this saves you booking a £30 installation appointment.
- Only if QuickStart is unavailable to you will your installation appointment come at no extra cost. This involves sending an engineer round to get you up and running. You'll be able to choose the installation day and timeslot when you place your order so you can choose a time that’s suitable for you.
It’s worth considering bundling your broadband deal with additional services like landline and TV so you can get the most value from your package. This can also mean less hassle, with all your services being under one provider.
At Virgin Media, we have a range of broadband, TV and phone deals for you to choose from, including our supercharged bundles that come with exclusive Volt benefits.
The legal stuff
*Monthly price of Virgin Media’s main services and O2 Airtime Plan will increase each April from April 2025 by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%. Doesn’t apply to any add-ons you may have selected, out-of-bundle charges or admin costs, which may increase separately. See www.virginmedia.com/prices and www.o2.co.uk/prices for details.
Xbox Series S or £200 bill credit:
- This offer is available to new Virgin Media customers ordering the Bigger Combo bundle + Movies, Bigger Combo bundle + Sports HD, Biggest TV bundle (including Volt variants), or the Mega Volt bundle online.
- The bundle needs to be ordered between 26th February and 11.59pm on 3rd March 2024.
- Your contract runs for 18 months.
- This offer can’t be used with another offer.
- A household can only claim 1 Xbox or 1 bill credit amount.
- We can remove this offer at any time.
- Prices may change during your contract.
- We can’t offer cash or anything else in place of this offer.
- You won’t be able to keep your Xbox or bill credit if:
- You cancel your services before they’re installed or before the end of your 14-day cancellation period.
- You downgrade your bundle before your services are installed or before the end of your 14-day cancellation period.
Virgin Media £200 bill credit: This offer is available to new Virgin Media customers ordering the Bigger Combo bundle + Movies, Bigger Combo bundle + Sports HD, Biggest TV bundle (including Volt variants), or the Mega Volt bundle online.
This bill credit will be applied to your first bill. Any that’s left over will be applied to your following bills until it’s all used. This offer runs between 26th February and 11.59pm on 3rd March 2024.
No setup fee
This promotion means you won’t pay the usual setup fee of £35. No setup fee is available on all bundles, broadband & phone, and broadband only packages. If you can set up using a Self-Install pack, but choose to use an engineer for the installation, you’ll still be charged £30 for this service.
- Read the terms on the Priority app or at o2.co.uk/terms
Get fast, reliable WiFi gliding through every room or money back
Eligible Virgin Fibre areas only. WiFi Guarantee available with M50 broadband or faster. £8p/m extra or included with Gig1, Gig2 or Volt. At least 30Mbps download speeds in every room or £100 one-off credit. Up to 3 WiFi Pods if needed. Exclusions & legal stuff apply.
†To verify, see: https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/awards. Best in Test: based on umlaut Fixed Broadband Benchmark 2023 comparing major UK ISPs on download speed, upload speed, latency and stability. Uswitch Most Popular Broadband Provider: based on Uswitch consumer research Dec 2022 - Jan 2023 conducted by Opinium comparing broadband sales volumes and overall customer satisfaction of major UK ISP operators, split equally to form a combined score. Best Combined Connectivity Experience: based on GWS test results Oct 2022-Apr 2023 comparing data connectivity performance of major UK mobile operators and their associated ISP partners to form a combined score across both mobile network and WiFi experience.