Our range of cheap broadband deals
Cheap broadband doesn’t have to mean slow. We offer a range of competitive packages so you can find the best broadband deal for you and your home. Simply enter your postcode to explore cheap broadband deals in the following bundles:
- Broadband only - For those who like to keep things simple. Our broadband only option provides affordable, superfast broadband, just without landline or TV
- Broadband and phone - A combined option which includes our superfast broadband and landline
- Broadband and TV - A cheaper option for entertainment lovers looking to combine their broadband and TV
- Broadband, TV and phone packages - Bundle up your services by choosing one of our broadband, TV and phone packages. This can often work out cheaper than going to different providers
- More value with Volt - Our Volt bundles include fibre broadband and an O2 sim, plus exclusive Volt benefits for being with both Virgin Media and O2
- Broadband for low-income families - Cheap broadband packages for anyone on a low income. Get online and stay connected from £12.50 a month with our Essential broadband packages
Find and compare cheap broadband packages
It’s easy to overpay for your broadband and still not get the performance you need. At Virgin Media, we offer a range of broadband packages that include landline, TV and sim. To find the best and cheapest option for you, here are some need-to-knows:
Consider what internet speed you really need. If you’re a casual browser or live in a small household, you’re unlikely to need the same as someone who lives in a large household or is a heavy internet user. Remember, cheap broadband doesn’t have to mean slow. At Virgin Media, we have packages starting from 132Mbps average download speed, strong enough for streaming on 4 devices.
Not all cheap broadband deals are available nationwide. What’s available to you will vary depending on where you live. To find the best deals in your area, enter your postcode at the top of this page or use our broadband postcode checker.
Another important factor to consider – check to see if you can save money in the long-run by opting for an 18-month or 24-month contract . Providers will sometimes offer incentives that you can take advantage of, like free setup or money-off. If not, you might prefer a more flexible rolling contract. Whatever you go for, just be sure to check the terms and conditions.
In other words, cheaper broadband and phone deals for people on Universal Credit and other benefits. At Virgin Media, this takes the form of our Essential broadband packages, which allows users to get online from £12.50 a month. Check out our Essential broadband page to find out more and see if you’re eligible.
If you’re looking for a cheap broadband deal, it’s worth considering bundling your services, even if you don’t necessarily use all of them. A broadband and phone deal, for example, is almost always cheaper than getting broadband only as many broadband packages require you to have a phone line. That way, you can make the most of a good price and simply not use the landline if you don’t need to.
Go bigger to get more with Volt
A product of Virgin Media and O2’s joint venture, Volt refers to the exclusive benefits you can get for being with both of us. Say hello to faster, cheaper broadband, as well as:
- Double the data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your household
- A broadband speed boost to the next available level on eligible packages (if you aren’t already on the fastest speeds you can get in your area)
- WiFi Pods at no extra cost if you find any WiFi blackspots in your home
- Roaming in 75 destinations at no extra cost, with O2 Travel Inclusive Zone
- £150 off an O2 Customer Plan for a connected device when you take out a phone on a new O2 Custom Plan
All this on top of exclusive perks and experiences with Priority. Thanks to offers on things like cinema tickets, gigs and food and drink treats, O2 sim only customers could save up to £700 over a 24-month period. To enjoy this range of perks, make sure your household is signed up to Virgin Media broadband and an O2 Pay Monthly plan.
If you’re after a cheap broadband deal, ensure you do your research. First, find out what’s available in your area by using a broadband postcode checker, as deals will vary depending on where you live. Consider what internet speeds you need, and which providers offer the best in terms of speed, reliability and price.
Also, look out for:
- Special deals, offering broadband no setup (or £0 setup) costs for a limited time.
- Seasonal offers, as these often come at a discounted rate.
There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to finding the cheapest broadband. There are many factors to consider, such as where you live, number of users, budget and internet usage.
If Virgin Media is available where you live, you can explore our cheapest deals over on our compare deals page. Or, if you’re on Universal Credit, Pension credit, Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance or other benefits, you could be eligible for our Essential broadband.
Many providers often bundle their TV services with their broadband packages, which can give you even better value for money. So, if you’re looking to combine your internet and entertainment, check out our TV and broadband deals to find a package that’s right for you.
Yes, many providers now offer social tariffs which are available to those on Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance and other benefits. At Virgin Media, we refer to these as our Essential broadband packages. Check out our Essential broadband page for more information on the packages available, who’s eligible and how to get started.
The legal stuff
*Monthly price shown will increase each April from April 2024 by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%. Doesn’t apply to Netflix Add to Bill add-on, Disney+ add-on, Lionsgate+ add-on, Stream Entertainment subscriptions or admin charges. See www.virginmedia.com/prices and www.o2.co.uk/prices for details.
No setup fee
This promotion means you won’t pay the usual setup fee of £35. No setup fee is available on all bundles, broadband & phone, and broadband only packages. If you can set up using a Self-Install pack, but choose to use an engineer for the installation, you’ll still be charged £30 for this service.
- Read the terms on the Priority app or at o2.co.uk/terms
Fastest WiFi guarantee of any major provider
Comparing WiFi guarantees of major UK ISPs. Terms of guarantee vary by provider. To verify click here. Virgin Fibre Areas only. Available with M50 broadband or faster. £8p/m extra or included with Gig1 or Volt. At least 30Mbps download speeds in every room or £100 one-off credit. Up to 3 WiFi Pods if needed. Excludes broadband faults and broadband network outages. Further exclusions & legal stuff apply.
UK’s fastest widely available broadband
Virgin Media Gig1 (average download speed 1130Mbps) vs fastest widely available average download speeds of UK ISPs. For verification see virginmedia.com/fast