Exceptional features with Intelligent WiFi
An Intelligent WiFi Hub will optimise your home network to perfection. And by that, we mean:
Better WiFi coverage powered by our Hubs
There are two WiFi signals in your home: one connects devices that are far from your Hub (at slower speeds), the other is superfast when you’re closer. As you move your devices around, Intelligent WiFi checks on them all to see if they need a nudge on to the best WiFi band. Thanks to this adaptive band steering feature, you should have a fast and reliable broadband connection.
Automatic WiFi fixes
Intelligent WiFi sorts hiccups before they become problems and keeps your devices our of WiFi traffic jams by putting them on the quietest channel where they can perform at their very best. Its channel optimisation 2.0 feature now makes over 300,000 tweaks a day, just so you experience less WiFi interference and delays.
WiFi tailored to your needs
Older devices that can’t keep up with ultrafast broadband speeds can slow down a busy home WiFi network, unless you have Intelligent WiFi. It’s airtime fairness feature helps share WiFi throughout the home so all devices (and people using them) get the connection they need from the Hub 3 or Hub 4.
Complete coverage around your home
Scan your home using the free Virgin Media Connect app and, if it finds signal blackspots, you can now order an Intelligent WiFi Pod by calling 0800 064 3850.
Take control using the Connect app
Quick and easy, free to download. You can use the Connect app as a convenient way to:
- See how many devices are connected to your home WiFi and test the strength of your WiFi in each room.
- Manage your parental controls and even pause the internet to certain gadgets – handy when the kids are up past their bedtime.
- Share your WiFi password with friends at the tap of a button.
- Live Chat with our customer service team (just head to the app’s FAQ section).
Can I use mesh WiFi with an existing router?
Only the Hub 3 and Hub 4 have Intelligent WiFi mesh technology inside. If you’d like to start using mesh WiFi but have a different type of Hub, you’ll need to upgrade your Virgin Media online.
- Intelligent WiFi – The clever mesh WiFi technology that’s in our Hub 3 and Hub 4 as standard.
- Intelligent WiFi Plus – This is our most advanced WiFi service. It helps remove signal blackspots and bring faster, more reliable speeds throughout the home. Particularly beneficial for large, gadget-loving households, you’ll have at least one WiFi Pod, working to adapt your WiFi to the needs of your home.
- Old WiFi boosters – Use your home’s electrical wiring to boost WiFi signal in the room where you’ve plugged it in.
- New Intelligent WiFi Pods – Use WiFi to wirelessly connect to the Hub 3 or Hub 4. Cloud technology lets these WiFi Pods update constantly and create better conditions for your home. You get faster, more reliable coverage from WiFi Pods because they know what devices are connected, where, and what time you use them.
When the new WiFi Pods arrive, simply unplug the old WiFi Boosters – please return these to us using the packaging provided – then, plug in the new WiFi Pods.
Only if you’ve any hard-to-reach spots in your home. An Intelligent WiFi Pod will extend the range of the Hub 3 or 4 and boost your Intelligent WiFi so you get a fast, reliable connection throughout your home. If you don’t get one, you can still benefit from the Intelligent WiFi features that are included in the Hub 3 and Hub 4 for no extra cost.
See our Intelligent WiFi FAQs page to learn more, including how to set up Intelligent WiFi. Or if you need extra support, there’s always the Connect app which offers FAQs and help videos for fixing common WiFi troubles. The app will even connect you to our Customer Support team who can help diagnose and fix faults if need be.