- £26 a month for 18 months
- Then £51 a month after that. Prices may change.
Our monthly broadband contracts
Virgin Media offers 30-day rolling broadband contracts on a number of our broadband speeds. If you can’t commit to a longer contract length as you need more flexibility, we have a short-term broadband contract option just for you.
Broadband + Phone
M125 Fibre Broadband & Weekend chatter
Broadband + Phone
M50 Fibre Broadband & Weekend chatter
Broadband + Phone
M350 Fibre Broadband & Weekend chatter
Broadband + Phone
M250 Fibre Broadband & Weekend chatter
M250 Fibre Broadband
For busy households with 10+ devices
M125 Fibre Broadband
For busy households with 5-9 devices
M50 Fibre Broadband
For small households with up to 4 devices
What is rolling contract broadband?
Rolling contract broadband (which is sometimes known as no contract broadband, despite coming with a contract) is a short-term internet solution for anyone who wants to get online without being tied into a longer term contract.
When you reach the end of the 30 days, your rolling broadband contract will automatically roll over into the next month, giving you another 30 days access to the internet. This will continue to happen each month unless you decide to end the agreement with us.
The good thing about our 30-day rolling contract is that you wouldn’t receive any early disconnection fees if you cancel your broadband. Just give us 30 days’ notice and we’ll handle the rest.
Pros and cons of no contract broadband
You might be wondering if a short-term, rolling contract broadband would work for your needs. To help you decide, we’ve listed a few of the pros and cons of getting a rolling contract broadband with Virgin Media.
It’s the best option for short term internet access. If you’re on a short-term lease, moving home, you’re travelling or you simply aren’t ready to commit to one of our 18-month broadband contracts, this could be a great choice for you.
There are no early disconnection costs if you leave. With rolling broadband contracts, you simply need to give us 30 days’ notice when you want to cancel it.
We don’t slow our broadband speeds. You’ll be able to choose from a select range of superfast broadband speeds that’s right for your internet usage.
You’ll pay higher upfront costs. Due to the £45 rolling contract fee, you’ll pay more for the initial set up than you would on a fixed term broadband deal, regardless of whether you choose a broadband only or a broadband and phone rolling contract.
No entertainment add-ons. There’s currently no option to bundle it with TV to watch channels like Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and more.
A narrower range of broadband speeds. Our top tier broadband speeds – M500 and Gig1 – aren’t available on rolling contract broadband.
It’s more expensive than longer term packages. Whichever broadband speed you choose, the monthly cost will be higher than the same speed on a long-term contract.
Getting our rolling broadband could be ideal if you need short-term or temporary broadband connection. Before you can sign up to our 30-day rolling contract you’ll need to be sure you can get our services where you are. Simply use our broadband postcode checker to see if you’re eligible to get our rolling contract broadband.
If you sign up for our rolling contract broadband, the shortest term you can use our services would be 30 days. As it’s a rolling contract, all you’d need to do is give us 30 days’ notice to leave and you won’t receive an early disconnection fee.
We don’t offer a 6-month broadband contract at Virgin Media. However, you could get our 30-day rolling broadband contract, keep it for five months and then give your 30 days’ notice so your broadband ends in the sixth month.
There are a number of differences between getting short-term contract broadband over a longer one. Let’s take a look at what you’ll get with both:
Short-term contract broadband gives you:
- Flexibility: You can keep your rolling contract broadband for as many months as you need and then cancel it with just 30 days’ notice.
- An add-on: You could choose to get short-term broadband and a phone line if you’d like to have a landline.
- No early disconnection fees: When you give us 30 days’ notice, we’ll end your agreement with us, and you won’t receive any penalties for doing so.
**Long-term contract broadband gives you:**
- Packages to suit your household: Whether you live alone or have a full house with different entertainment needs, our long-term fibre broadband packages have a lot to offer. From our broadband and TV bundle all the way up to our broadband, TV, landline and SIM bundles, you could get the right package to make everyone at home happy.
- Everything in one monthly payment: The packages on our long-term contracts mean you only have to make one payment a month for everything in your bundle.
- Early disconnection fees: You may be charged an early disconnection fee if you decide to cancel your broadband contract after the cooling off period and before the end of your 18-month agreement.
If rolling contract broadband isn’t quite right for you, perhaps one of the following broadband services would suit you better. These options are:
- Mobile broadband. At Virgin Media, we offer mobile broadband that allows you to get online at home or on the go with our portable WiFi hub. It’s small enough to carry in your pocket and lets you connect up to 16 devices to the internet as long as there’s a 3G or 4G signal.
- Student broadband. We have a range of 12-month or 30-day rolling broadband contracts for students enrolled on a higher education course. To be eligible for student broadband, students will need to live in university halls or private student accommodation away from their family home and have their student ID number to hand.
The legal stuff
No setup fee
This offer means you won’t pay the usual setup fee of £35. No setup fee is available on all broadband, TV and home phone bundles until 21st December 2022. If you are eligible for a QuickStart self-install kit, but choose to use an engineer for your installation, you’ll still be charged £30 for this service.
- Read the terms on the Priority app or at o2.co.uk/terms
Fastest WiFi guarantee of any major provider
Comparing WiFi guarantees of major UK ISPs. Terms of guarantee vary by provider. To verify click here. Virgin Fibre Areas only. Available with M50 broadband or faster. £8p/m extra or included with Gig1 or Volt. At least 20Mbps download speeds in every room or £100 one-off credit. Up to 3 WiFi Pods if needed. Excludes broadband faults and broadband network outages. Further exclusions & legal stuff apply.
UK’s fastest widely available broadband
Virgin Media Gig1 (average download speed 1130Mbps) vs fastest widely available average download speeds of UK ISPs. For verification see virginmedia.com/fast