Virgin Media adds BBC Sounds app to TV platform
24 March 2020
- Virgin Media becomes first UK Pay TV provider to add the service
- All customers can listen to live and on-demand radio, music and podcasts
- The service can be easily accessed at a click of a button
Virgin Media has become the first UK Pay TV provider to add the BBC Sounds app to its TV platform.
From Tuesday 24 March, the BBC Sounds app, which allows users to listen to all of BBC’s live and on-demand radio, music and podcasts, is available to all Virgin Media customers that have a V6 set top box.
All of the BBC’s 18 national stations and its 40 local stations can be listened to live as well as 80,000 hours of audio content from its collection of podcasts and other programming.
David Bouchier, Chief Digital Entertainment Officer at Virgin Media, said:
“The BBC has a wide range of radio stations and a fantastic collection of audio shows and podcasts that our customers will be able to access at a click of a button. The BBC Sounds app is the latest feature to be added to our TV platform which is giving our customers the most streamlined experience possible with all of their favourite content in one place.”
Note to editors
- The BBC Sounds app is available to all Virgin Media customers that have a V6 box
- Once customers access the app, all they have to do is simply register or use their existing BBC account