Virgin Mobile launches new Family Plan for savings, simplicity and safety across multiple SIMs
19 August 2019
- New Family Plan offers Virgin Media cable customers easy way to manage multiple mobile plans
- Customers can save up to £96 per year on their mobile services
- Online Security features help parents manage their children’s mobile usage
- Flexible mobile deals available so customers can mix and match to suit their family’s needs
Virgin Mobile is today launching Family Plan, a new mobile offering which brings together SIMs, savings and safety in one place to help Virgin Media cable customers manage their family’s mobile services.
This comprehensive new plan, which is available exclusively to Virgin Media customers who also take a broadband or TV service from the company, provides one account for multiple SIMs, making it easier for busy families to juggle their mobile bills. Customers can add up to five mobile plans onto their account and will be rewarded with a £2 monthly discount for every eligible additional SIM taken after the first – offering a total saving of up to £96 a year.
So families can always stay in touch and share important moments, Family Plan also comes with unlimited calls between family members on the account.
The main account holder can view each individual mobile plan, manage data and device usage and stay on top of how much is being spent across the account quickly and easily via the My Virgin Mobile app. Other members of Family Plan are able to view their own individual usage and allowances through the app.
Virgin Mobile’s multi-SIM plan also includes Online Security features, powered by F-Secure, to give parents peace of mind and to help protect their families – at no additional cost for 12 months. The award winning security features include:
- Time limits: Internet access and selected apps can be immobilised at specific times to help balance children’s mobile usage and screen time
- App control: Allows parents to see what apps their children have installed and apply restrictions if needed such as completely blocking the app or adding time limits
- Content blocking: Enables parents to make decisions about the content they feel is suitable for their child to view such as certain video content
- Finder: Allows parents to securely locate their child’s device and view the location
These controls can be accessed and amended by the account holder at any time via the F-Secure app.
Virgin Mobile’s Family Plan gives families flexibility to choose from a variety of SIM Only deals or Freestyle plans – mixing and matching to suit each individual’s needs. For example, customers could choose to have a 12 month SIM Only deal and two Freestyle handset deals all registered under one Family Plan account*. Customers will also be able to choose from Virgin Mobile’s entire handset range so whether the kids want an iPhone Xr and Mum wants a Samsung Galaxy Note 10, the whole family will find something for them.
Annie Brooks, Executive Director of Virgin Mobile said, “Juggling family life isn’t always easy in today’s digital world and the growing number of devices can make it even more complex. Our Family Plan aims to take some of the pressure off parents, making their family’s mobile services simple, affordable and safe. Together with our unrivalled ultrafast broadband and fully loaded TV services, our Family Plan gives customers the ultimate line up of fast, flexible and reliable connectivity in home and on the go.”
Virgin Mobile’s flexible plans come with data rollover and data-free WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Twitter as standard and superfast 4G that’s faster on average than Vodafone, Three, Sky and O2. Customers also have the freedom to change the airtime element of their plan every 30 days, so if they want more data or minutes they can pick a tariff that suits them.
Virgin Media recently launched new bundles, which for the first time bring together all of its services – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – into one package so customers can connect to everything they love for a great price. And for a limited time only, Virgin Media’s top bundle, The Ultimate Oomph, is available for just £89 per month – the lowest ever price for this bundle. The Ultimate Oomph includes the UK’s fastest widely available broadband with average download speeds of 516Mbps – seven times faster than BT and Sky – as well as a mobile SIM with truly unlimited data, texts and calls and top notch TV with two V6 boxes, unmissable Box Sets and more than 270 channels including Sky Cinema HD, Sky Sports HD and BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD.
Notes to editors:
- Customers can save £2 on each additional Pay Monthly SIM they add to an eligible Family Plan account. Virgin Media customers with an eligible Virgin Media Broadband/Cable account and Pay Monthly SIM. Maximum of four additional lines can be added to each family account. SIMs must be on compatible tariff. Legal stuff applies see [Virginmedia.com/family].
- Customers can save up to £96 based on the maximum saving available with a Family Plan. Saving based on a saving of £2 per SIM on the maximum of four SIMs across a 12 month period.
- F-Secure Online Security features are included on up to five devices at no extra cost for 12 months (usually worth £79.99), and then £25 a year thereafter for Virgin Media customers.
- *Customers can choose to add any eligible SIM Only or Freestyle handset deal to their Family Plan. All SIMs £9 and over, or included in one of our Oomph bundles, are eligible and can be added to the Family Plan.
- Freestyle contracts are split into two parts; one for the interest free handset loan agreement and another for airtime. Once a customer has paid off their handset loan they will automatically be moved onto a pay monthly SIM only airtime plan.
- Faster average 4G speed: Based on Ookla’s analysis of Speedtest Intelligence data from 01/01/18 to 31/03/18. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission
- Ultimate Oomph bundle: £89 per month for 12 months, then £139 per month thereafter. Price includes line rental (£19 per month). £89 offer available to new customers only. Downgrading a service within the bundle may result in loss of bundle discount and/or boosted speeds. If any part of the service is upgraded, standard pricing will apply to that upgrade but Virgin Media will discuss the package with the customer at the time. This offer maybe withdrawn at any time and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer unless stated by Virgin Media. Online offer ends 26th August 2019.