Virgin Mobile offers special screen repair service free of charge
25 September 2020
- Virgin Mobile’s screen repair service is available for new and existing pay monthly customers who upgrade before 8 November 2020
- The offer follows research that a third of Brits are currently living with a broken mobile phone screen
- Eligible handsets include the Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
Virgin Mobile is providing a free screen repair service for a range of phones giving customers peace of mind over their brand new handset.
Virgin Mobile customers are entitled to a one-off screen replacement in the first 12 months of their contract, on phones including the iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and the recently launched Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G.
The promotion, which is available for new and existing customers who upgrade before 8 November 2020, follows research* that more than a third of the nation are currently living with a cracked mobile screen.
The poll, commissioned by Virgin Media, also reveals the top mobile phone mishaps to be dropping it down the toilet (21 per cent), pushing it off the side of a worktop (27 per cent) and leaving it on top of their car resulting it in falling off (5 per cent). A tenth have even managed to damage their mobile by sitting on it.
Annie Brooks, Executive Director of Product at Virgin Media said, “Many of us have accidently dropped a phone and a cracked screen can be frustrating. Our new screen repair service gives customers ultimate peace of mind as they get acquainted with their new phone – no matter how clumsy they are!”
Top 20 ways Brits have damaged their mobile phone:
- Accidentally pushed it off the side / a worktop
- Dropped it down the toilet
- Tripped over a kerb and dropped it
- Dropped it in a puddle
- Sat on it
- Dropped it out my pocket while cycling
- Dropped it in the bath
- Spilt food onto it
- Threw it against a wall in anger
- Spilt a drink in my handbag which water damaged it
- Dropped it into a swimming pool
- Tried to clean / wash it and water damaged it
- Dropped it into boiling water
- Put it through the washing machine by accident
- Left it on the roof of my car and it fell off
- Dropped a weight on it at the gym
- Threw it to someone who didn't catch it
- Ran over my phone with my car
- My animal chewed it
- Gone swimming with it in my pocket
Notes to editors:
*Research carried out by One Poll surveying 2,000 adults in August 2020.
Handsets included in the offer
· iPhone 11 Pro / Pro Max
· Samsung A51 5G
· Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
· Samsung S20 Plus 5G
· Huawei P40 lite / P40 / P40 Pro 5G
· Oppo Find X2 Lite / X2 Neo / X2 Pro
Terms & conditions
· Full terms & conditions available here: https://europe.asurion.com/VirginMediaProtect/Free_Screen_Repair_T&C_VMPFSR1_0820.pdf Offer available until 08/11/2020
- Virgin Media is enabling Saints fans to watch Southampton FC Women’s first game of the season from the comfort of their very own home
- Southampton FC Women were unbeaten in the league last season before the season was voided due to Covid-19
- Ex-England international, Sue Smith, will be co-commentator for the match
- Southampton FC Women to take on Buckland Athletic this Sunday 27th September
Virgin Media, main partner of Southampton FC Women, will be enabling Saints fans the chance to watch their beloved team from the comfort of their very own home by live-streaming their first home match from AFC Totton.
Since England and Arsenal legend, Marieanne Spacey-Cale, took over managing the side in 2018, the club has seen back-to-back promotions. Last season, they were set to continue the trend until Covid-19 struck and voided the season.
This season, Virgin Media want to show its continued support for both the team and Saints fans by allowing fans to watch the team even if they are unable to physically be there due to the latest government guidelines around Covid-19.
Ex-England international and football broadcaster, Sue Smith, will co-host the commentary directly from the Snows Stadium alongside Ian Wilder on Sunday 27th September. Fans can tune in to watch the live-stream on Southampton FC’s Facebook and YouTube page.
In addition to this, Virgin Media and Southampton FC are launching a brand new digital home that keeps fans at the heart of the partnership despite not being able to return to St Mary’s yet.
The Super Saints Hub, which will be hosted on the Southampton FC website, is a place where Saints fans can win prizes such as signed shirts from first-team players, get other rewards and watch content that brings them closer to the teams like never before.
Ahead of Saints’ clash with West Bromwich Albion at St Mary’s on Saturday 3rd October, Virgin Media will be hosting a “Super Saints Super Giveaway” where fans will be able to win a series of Saints-related prizes, all hosted on the new Super Saints Hub.
Cilesta Van Doorn, Executive Director of Brand and Marketing at Virgin Media said: “While it looks very different from previous years, it’s very exciting that football’s back on the agenda and we are looking forward to what this season brings for Southampton’s Women’s team. With no fans allowed inside the stadium, we are providing a live stream of their match which is the only way to watch the team in action. We are calling on all Super Saints to tune in and get behind the team.”
Marieanne Spacey-Cale, Head of Girls and Women's Football at Southampton FC said: “The fact that COVID-19 curtailed our season early means that the women are really excited to get back out there – to have the match live-streamed for football fans around the country to watch is incredibly exciting too.
“Virgin Media have been a great supporter of us over the last year, so to know that they’re here to help us again this season is another thing to look forward to with the return of football. We’re just looking forward to getting back out there again!”