What’s happening and when?
Following Virgin Media and O2’s merger in June 2021, we’ve moving all Virgin Mobile customers over to O2’s range of plans.
We started in March 2023 and now most customers have been moved across, benefitting from unlimited texts and voice calls, and either double the data or unlimited data for the same amount of money each month.
We’re now moving all remaining customers across to O2 plans by the end of November 2023.
We’ve written to you 30 days ahead of your move to let you know when it'll happen. It will be seamless and over-the-air for most customers – you won’t need to do anything.
However, if your automatic switch doesn’t go as planned, we may need to send you a new O2 SIM in the post or contact you about next steps.
If we haven't successfully moved you to an O2 plan, we won't be able to provide you with mobile services and we’ll contact you to confirm that your contract and service will end.
Key points to note:
- Your phone number will stay the same
- Your network experience won't change, as Virgin Mobile already uses the award-winning O2 network
- Please back-up any important voicemails to a separate device as they won’t be transferred across. Please visit our frequently asked questions here for more details
- If you’re abroad at the time of your switch, then we’ll send you a replacement SIM to your registered address. Please use this after you lose service on your current Virgin Mobile SIM
- Most customers won't need to replace SIMs or change billing dates
- Once you're with O2, you can contact customer services for both O2 and Virgin Mobile by dialling 202 from your mobile
- For Virgin Media TV, Broadband or Home Phone queries, dial 150 from your Virgin Landline or call 0345 454 1111 from your mobile
You'll pay the same price on your new O2 plan and receive double the data or unlimited data, plus unlimited texts and voice calls.