Tinie Tempah's music plans
Tinie Tempah hopes his music can be the soundtrack to a generation.
The 22-year-old rapper - who won two BRIT Awards this week - believes his songs can stand the test of time and people will be able to look back and use his music as a reference point of the upcoming decade.
He said: 'I'm making pure, fresh, avant-garde, cutting-edge music.
'Music that in 10 years time will remind that generation of what it was like to grow up now. It's British, it's fun and it's witty.
'I'm a big fan of Muse and Michael Buble. I'm also into Jay-Z, Kanye West and Paolo Nutini. My album is a representation of my musical tastes and our generation because nobody listens to one type of music anymore.'
The British artist is keen to crack America but wants to appeal to US music fans through his songs, rather than having to give up huge amounts of his time to tour the region.
He said: 'I've always made music with a global frame of mind and wanted to be that British artist who crossed over because my music was good, not because I toured every single state for two years.'17-02-2011
- Corrie enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards - 19 May 2013
- Louis: Loose cannon Sharon could save X Factor - 19 May 2013
- Justin buying engagement ring for Selena? - 19 May 2013
- Harry Styles sets sights on royal romance - 19 May 2013
- Benedict Cumberbatch hates diets - 19 May 2013
- Gosling and Mendes saucy on set - 19 May 2013
- David Beckham styles Harper - 19 May 2013
- Binky Felstead: MIC men need to grow up - 19 May 2013