Howard to take flying lessons
Howard Donald is going to learn to fly.
The Take That singer has ordered a special vehicle that can travel both in the sky and on water, and is planning to study for his pilot's license ahead of taking delivery of the craft.
He said: 'I'm going to be doing my private pilot's licence. I ordered a plane last year from America.
'It's an amphibious plane so it can land on water and land.
'That doesn't arrive until 2013 so I've got to learn to fly one before it arrives. It's always been one of my ambitions to fly a plane. Can't wait.'
Once Howard gets his pilot's license, he joins a host of famous faces who can fly planes.
Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Angelina Jolie and Blur stars Dave Rowntree and Alex James can all take control in the sky.
Last year, supermodel Gisele Bundchen passed her written exam for her pilot's license.
Keith Douglass, president of Shoreline Aviation, a company that provides private jets and aviation lessons, said at the time: 'She's very dedicated. She flies at least three days a week. Flying a helicopter isn't easy - it's a handful, because you can't stop flying and just cruise, but she's doing great.'
Hilary Swank took lessons ahead of her role as famous aviator Amelia Earhart in Amelia, and admitted at the time she planned to continue training to get her full pilot's license.
She explained: 'I'd like to get my licence and continue to go up on my own.
'I flew for 19 hours, but they couldn't let me go up when they were shooting. I taxi the plane - but that's on the ground, and I would like to see this through.'02-07-2011
- Seyfried felt more attractive with 'huge breasts' - 23 May 2013
- Mick Jagger to camp at Glastonbury - 23 May 2013
- Stacy Keibler wants rom-com role - 23 May 2013
- Denise Van Outen to join EastEnders - 23 May 2013
- Rihanna suing Topshop over 'unflattering' T-shirts - 23 May 2013
- Adele chooses Alan Carr to be godfather - 23 May 2013
- Janet Jackson becomes a billionaire - 23 May 2013
- Uzma: Lord Sugar's sacking 'made sense' - 23 May 2013