JLS banned from city centre hotels
JLS have been banned from staying in hotels near the venues on their UK tour.
The boy band were mobbed by fans after their last set of concerts, with one raucous group setting off fire extinguishers in their hotel and as a result insurance companies are refusing to cover them for accommodation within a five-mile radius of the venues they play.
Speaking about the band -which comprises Aston Merrygold, Marvin Humes, Oritsé Williams and J.B. Gill -a source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''The boys are used to being chased around by screaming teenage girls but when it came to booking hotels for the tour, security costs would have doubled to prevent similar occurrences to last year.
''One girl broke on to their bus with 'Happy Birthday Oritse' written on her naked torso and another climbed over Aston's balcony into his bedroom.
''It was decided security needed to be stepped up a gear to ensure the boys remain safe.''
The decision to move the band's accommodation to outside the city centres was taken after their last insurance bill was ''astronomical''.
The source added: ''If fans knew they were staying out of town, the insurance were happier to pay out on potential mishaps if their location was found out. Every security breach costs a fortune in drafting in more support and repairing any damage. The last bill was astronomical.''
JLS' 4th Dimension tour kicks off in Liverpool, north West England tonight (14.03.12).14-03-2012
- Paris Hilton becomes swatting victim again - 19 May 2013
- Chris Brown receives death threats - 19 May 2013
- Kristen Stewart leaning on friends after split - 19 May 2013
- Bonnie upbeat despite Eurovision disappointment - 19 May 2013
- Justin not in rush for kids - 19 May 2013
- Ozzy in UK move to save marriage to Sharon - 19 May 2013
- Rod Stewart's advice to daughters - 19 May 2013
- Corrie enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards - 19 May 2013