Evanna 'shaped' by eating disorder
Evanna Lynch believes she has been ''shaped'' by having an eating disorder at the age of 11.
The 20-year-old actress - who is best known as Luna Lovegood in the 'Harry Potter' movie franchise - admits she was ''very tormented'' by anorexia but believes it has helped her become the confident, happy person she is today.
She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''When I was younger, I was about 11, I had an eating disorder. I was very tormented and, eventually I was just like, 'I hate this, I don't want to be this person any more. My 'Harry Potter' character Luna really inspired me, I thought, 'I really wanna be someone like that.'
''It shaped me. I had to learn how to channel it. Those eating disorders are so much about you wanting to be perfect and be the perfect size, but I also had to learn it was a very cowardly thing to strive to be a certain shape.''
Instead, the Irish-born beauty - who now lives in Los Angeles - channelled her energy into being creative.
She added: ''What I learnt was that you could put that into creativity. You could put that fierceness, fire and ambition into something creative. It just takes a lot more guts. It's not certain, whereas when you are trying to lose weight it's certain you can keep getting smaller whereas with art, it may fail.
''So it's definitely a braver thing to do. It's a good energy to have, and a good motivation.''
Tickets for Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter are on sale now at www.wbstudiotour.co.uk and have to be PRE-booked in advance.31-03-2012
- Eva Longoria suffers Cannes wardrobe malfunction - 19 May 2013
- Bieber and Selena to reunite at Billboard awards - 19 May 2013
- Paris Hilton becomes swatting victim again - 19 May 2013
- Chris Brown receives death threats - 19 May 2013
- Kristen Stewart leaning on friends after split - 19 May 2013
- Bonnie upbeat despite Eurovision disappointment - 19 May 2013
- Justin not in rush for kids - 19 May 2013
- Ozzy in UK move to save marriage to Sharon - 19 May 2013