Rihanna causes controversy with powder pic
Rihanna has come under fire after posting a picture online of herself with a bag of white powder.
In the snap added to photo-sharing website Instagram, the 24-year-old singer is seen sat on her bodyguard's shoulders appearing to 'cut up' an unidentified substance on the top of his shaved head.
Taken at last weekend's Coachella Music Festival, in California, the image has caused outrage amongst some web users, attracting more than 1,000 comments, with some speculating the mystery substance was cocaine.
One wrote: ''Yep take coke! U gonna die,'' while another added, ''Chick looks like a druggie.''
One person even expressed fears the star could be heading the same way as the late Whitney Houston.
The fan wrote: ''I love her music, not her lifestyle. Hope she gets this under control before we have her funeral on TV like Whitney Houston.''
A parent of one of her younger followers added: ''I have a ten-year-old daughter who loves her, and I wouldn't want my child seeing this.''
Rihanna has previously insisted she does not want to be a role model for anybody, and recently updated her twitter page with the posting: ''I'm crazy, and I don't pretend to be anything else.''19-04-2012
- Debra Messing guilty about divorce - 24 May 2013
- Amanda Bynes released after being charged - 24 May 2013
- Baz Luhrmann supports Lindsay Lohan - 24 May 2013
- Kim Kardashian wants boyfriend at shower - 24 May 2013
- Tom Cruise to make David Beckham a movie star - 24 May 2013
- Jennifer Lawrence: Bradley Cooper is a wet kisser - 24 May 2013
- Jennifer Hudson to judge American Idol - 24 May 2013
- Spencer: I want to be biggest TV villain - 24 May 2013