Elton John wanted Donna Summer in Hall of Fame
Elton John says it is ''a total disgrace'' that Donna Summer wasn't inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaking about the 'I Feel Love' singer who died aged 63 on Thursday (17.05.12), Elton said that ''second-rate talent now sits in her place.
He told E! Online: ''I'm so sad. This woman was the queen of disco and so much more. Her records sound as good today as they ever did.
''That she has never been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a total disgrace, especially when I see the second-rate talent that has been inducted.''
He continued: ''She is a great friend to me and to the Elton John AIDS Foundation and I will miss her greatly.''
Last month music acts such as Red Hot Chili Peppers, Donovan, Laura Nyro, Beastie Boys and Guns N' Roses were inducted instead of the singer famed for her Disco tracks..
Online tributes for Donna poured in on the news of her death.
She received dedications from famous names including Quincy Jones, who described her voice as ''the heartbeat and a soundtrack of a decade''.19-05-2012
- Paris Hilton becomes swatting victim again - 19 May 2013
- Chris Brown receives death threats - 19 May 2013
- Kristen Stewart leaning on friends after split - 19 May 2013
- Bonnie upbeat despite Eurovision disappointment - 19 May 2013
- Justin not in rush for kids - 19 May 2013
- Ozzy in UK move to save marriage to Sharon - 19 May 2013
- Rod Stewart's advice to daughters - 19 May 2013
- Corrie enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards - 19 May 2013