Selena Gomez hacker jailed
A boy who hacked into Selena Gomez's Facebook account has been jailed for a year.
Gareth Crosskey was tracked down in a £50,000 investigation by the FBI and the British Met Police after he posed as Selena's stepfather Brian Teefey - the administrator of the page - and wrote to him claiming he had seen personal emails between Selena and her boyfriend Justin Bieber in January 2011.
He also claimed to have personal exchanges with Selena and her friend Demi Lovato.
Gareth, 21, pleaded guilty of two offences against the Computer Misuses Act at Southwark Crown Court and Judge John Price claimed Selena ''deserved'' her privacy.
According to The Sun newspaper, he said: ''You are clever with a computer and you hacked into the private part of somebody's Facebook account. Selena Gomez has a Facebook account on which she has six million friends.
''They have permission to get into part of the account and you hacked into a private part by getting the email password. People deserve privacy and should not have their private correspondence made public.''
However, prosecutor Corrine Bramwell said there was no evidence Gareth had got gold of any private emails in the attack.21-05-2012
- Eva Longoria happy to be single - 25 May 2013
- Liam Gallagher offers truce to Noel on BE? - 25 May 2013
- Kevin Jonas: TV show is like therapy - 25 May 2013
- One Direction to give ticket sales cut to charity - 25 May 2013
- Tulisa and Danny reportedly split - 25 May 2013
- Matt Bellamy's focus has changed with fatherfood - 25 May 2013
- 'Proper adult' Rita Ora - 25 May 2013
- Ioan Gruffudd gets starstruck - 25 May 2013