Rihanna: Cheryl Cole should replace Jennifer Lopez
Rihanna wants Cheryl Cole to replace Jennifer Lopez on 'American Idol'.
The 'Where Have You Been' singer responded to rumours that the former 'X Factor' judge has been approached by the rival show to join their panel of celebrities which currently include Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson.
She told the Daily Star: ''I can completely see why the producers at American Idol are trying to get Cheryl - she would be amazing.''
Rihanna also hit out at Simon Cowell's decision to fire the pop star from the first series of his talent contest in the United States.
Rihanna continued: ''She was received so well on the US 'X Factor' and most people couldn't really understand the decision to let her go.''
Cheryl and Jennifer both appear in the new motion picture 'What To Expect When You're Expecting' and Rihanna believes that the Girls Aloud star could soon rival the 42-year-old performer's star status.
She added: ''Since then she has gone from strength to strength, and is fast becoming a movie star over here.
''I don't know if Jennifer (Lopez) plans to stay another season or not but Cheryl would be a great replacement for her. The only thing Cheryl needs to consider is that it's so time-consuming.''26-05-2012
- Jennifer Hudson to judge American Idol - 24 May 2013
- Spencer: I want to be biggest TV villain - 24 May 2013
- Ben Daniels joins The Paradise - 24 May 2013
- Simon Cowell bored of TV talent shows - 24 May 2013
- Tim Curry suffers a stroke - 24 May 2013
- Jessica Simpson to sell mansion for $8m - 24 May 2013
- Sarandon didn't expect to split from Robbins - 24 May 2013
- Gary Lineker's brother Wayne joins TOWIE - 24 May 2013