Elvis Presley's tomb for sale
Elvis Presley's tomb is going up for sale.
One lucky fan will be able to buy the opportunity to be laid to rest in the private crypt where the 'Suspicious Minds' singer was originally placed after his death in 1977 at an auction in Los Angeles.
Elvis' body was at the tomb at Forest Hill Cemetery in Memphis, Tennessee for around two months before it was transferred to be buried at his home in Graceland, around five miles away.
The lot will go on auction for a starting price of $100,000, which will include the opening and closing of the vault and crypt for burial, a memorial inscription and the use of the chapel for a committal service.
Darren Julien, who is holding the Music Icons auction where the item will be auctioned, said: ''I just consider that if you're an ultimate fan of Elvis Presley, it's an opportunity.
''It's definitely a conversation piece. Only one person can say, 'Hey, I'm going to be buried where Elvis Presley was.'''
Elvis' mother, Gladys - who died in 1958 - was buried in the same mausoleum as her son, but her body was also transferred to Graceland. The original crypt has remained empty ever since.
The auction will take place on June 23.28-05-2012
- Mock The Week set for 12th series - 20 May 2013
- Beth Tweddle recognised for DOI than Olympics - 20 May 2013
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4 million tax bill - 20 May 2013
- Dwayne Johnson: Swollen penis was 'fun pain' - 20 May 2013
- Carey Mulligan's foul-mouthed audition - 20 May 2013
- Rochelle and Marvin Humes welcome daughter - 20 May 2013
- Justin and Selena kiss at Billboard Awards - 20 May 2013
- Emmerdale summer will be 'brilliant' - 20 May 2013