Cheryl Cole: Stevie Wonder loves my accent
Stevie Wonder told Cheryl Cole that he likes her Newcastle accent.
Speaking on last night's (08.06.12) 'The Graham Norton Show', Cheryl admitted she can finally feel proud of her Geordie accent after it got the seal of approval from the music legend during the Diamond Jubilee concert.
She told the show's host Graham Norton: ''He said, 'I love your accent'. That's it for me, I don't care now what anyone says.''
The star's dialect has been criticised after it was rumoured that she got fired from the American 'X Factor' because of her way of speaking.
When asked by Graham: ''Have you kissed and made up with Simon?''
The 29-year-old star received applause from the audience when she replied: ''I wouldn't say I've kissed Simon - I tell you one thing he can kiss...''
New 'X Factor' UK judge Take That singer Gary Barlow invited her to duet with him at the concert last Monday (04.06.12) and she was surprised to find herself standing next to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth afterwards.
Recalling the moment, she said: ''It was the strangest thing. I didn't know I was on camera until after - she wanted to stand next to me!''
Cheryl - who performed new single' Call My Name' - went on to confess she has a Royal crush.
When asked by the 49-year-old presenter who she was dating, she said: ''I'd consider Prince Harry!''09-06-2012
- Mila Kunis introduces Ashton Kutcher to parents - 21 May 2013
- Brad Pitt: My family are my best friends - 21 May 2013
- Lindsay Lohan sued for $5 million - 21 May 2013
- Cooper admits end of Hangover is 'bittersweet' - 21 May 2013
- Brian May slams 'vile' Voice - 21 May 2013
- Tulisa fighting to save relationship? - 21 May 2013
- Catherine Zeta-Jones completes bipolar treatment - 21 May 2013
- Dancing On Ice to end - 21 May 2013