R. Kelly owes 4.8m in taxes
R. Kelly reportedly owes $4.8 million in back taxes.
The 'I Believe I Can Fly' singer is said to have not paid anything on his earnings from 2005, according to documents filed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
He owes $1,472,366.77 from 2005, $710,520.51 from 2006,
$376,180.11 from 2007, $1,122,694.90 from 2008, $173,815.18 from 2009 and $992,495.24 from 2010, bringing his grand total to $4,848,072.71.
Despite the huge bill, the singer is ''confident'' the matter can be resolved.
His spokesman told gossip website TMZ.com: ''R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied.''
Meanwhile, Kelly will headline the Reggae Sumfest next month in Montego Bay, which takes place from July 15 - 21.
He had been due to perform at last year's Reggae Sumfest but had to pull out after complaining of throat pain and later having an emergency operation on his throat.
Sumfest organiser, Johnny Gourzong, said: ''R. Kelly was so disappointed with not being able to come to Sumfest last year that we spent the whole year trying to work out a make-up date, which was Reggae Sumfest 2012.''14-06-2012
- Ozzy in UK move to save marriage to Sharon - 19 May 2013
- Rod Stewart's advice to daughters - 19 May 2013
- Corrie enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards - 19 May 2013
- Louis: Loose cannon Sharon could save X Factor - 19 May 2013
- Justin buying engagement ring for Selena? - 19 May 2013
- Harry Styles sets sights on royal romance - 19 May 2013
- Benedict Cumberbatch hates diets - 19 May 2013
- Gosling and Mendes saucy on set - 19 May 2013