Mitch Winehouse sleeps easier without Amy worry
Mitch Winehouse sleeps easier since his daughter Amy died.
The showbiz patriarch admits he feels guilty that a part of him is relieved that he is no longer constantly having to worry about the 'Rehab' singer, who died last July following a drinking binge.
He said: ''In a way, subconsciously, it's a relief that I don't have to keep checking up on Amy.
''I'm not going through pain every night, wondering if she is going to die, what she's doing, or if she is in trouble.
''There was a time in the midst of her drug addiction when she could have died on several occasions and I was always worried about her.
''So, in a way, it's a little bit of guilt - on my behalf - because I am able to sleep at night now.''
Mitch, 60, is still struggling to come to terms with Amy's death and even still sends her text messages.
He told Grazia magazine: ''Sometimes I text her telling her to come home. But she's never coming home and I'm going to have to deal with that for the rest of my life.''27-06-2012
- Justin buying engagement ring for Selena? - 19 May 2013
- Harry Styles sets sights on royal romance - 19 May 2013
- Benedict Cumberbatch hates diets - 19 May 2013
- Gosling and Mendes saucy on set - 19 May 2013
- David Beckham styles Harper - 19 May 2013
- Binky Felstead: MIC men need to grow up - 19 May 2013
- Miley Cyrus 'swatted' for second time - 18 May 2013
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'professional' relationship - 18 May 2013