Alec Baldwin: Kim and I worked too hard
Alec Baldwin admits his career had a negative effect on his marriage to Kim Basinger.
The '30 Rock' star recently tied the knot with yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas and is hopeful their relationship will be more ''normal'' than his disastrous union with the 'Charlie St Cloud' actress - who he split from in 2000 after seven years of marriage - because their busy work lives meant they got their priorities wrong.
He said: ''I want it to be different. When I was younger, I was married to a woman who was very successful.
''When you're both in the business, you both know that you're going to light one film off the other. It's like chain smoking. You just have to do one after the other. You sense that this isn't right, you have this daunting, overwhelming, overarching priority that takes you away for long periods at a time.
''Now I'm with someone who's not in the business and I would like to have a different life this time, have it be more normal.''
Alec admits he and Kim - who have a 16-year-old daughter, Ireland, together - did their best for their relationship but had ''startlingly little'' time away from their work.
He added to Total Film magazine: ''If you took a stopwatch and a calendar and you mapped out how much time you really got to spend that was private and real, it's startlingly little. You put a lot of energy into your work.
''You do the best you can at the time, but a marriage has to be a priority.''03-08-2012
- Jennifer Aniston cried for Angelina - 22 May 2013
- Chantelle Houghton launching dating website - 22 May 2013
- Kim Kardashian reaches out to Reggie Bush - 22 May 2013
- Kanye West encouraging Will Smith to make music - 22 May 2013
- Ashley Tidsdale terrified of being shot - 22 May 2013
- Julie Bowen makes regular trips to hospital - 22 May 2013
- Beckhams welcome new puppy - 22 May 2013
- Keira Knightley's wedding was 'beautiful' - 21 May 2013