Rihanna on Chris Brown: ‘I lost my best friend’
Rihanna lost her ''best friend'' when she split from Chris Brown.
The 'We Found Love' singer has revealed it was ''humiliating'' when the R&B star violently assaulted her in February 2009 and says she was in a ''dark'' place following their break up in an emotional new interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In floods of tears, Rihanna told the chat show host: ''It was embarrassing. It was humiliating. I lost my best friend.
''I was resentful. I held a grudge. I was dark.''
The emotional superstar added: ''I am super duper terrified of the pedestal that comes with fame.''
The teaser for the special edition of 'Oprah's Last Chapter' shows the 24-year-old Bajan beauty opening up about the infamous domestic abuse incident and promises more details about the status of her current relationship with Chris, 23.
TV mogul Oprah has praised the candour and vulnerability the pop princess showed while filming the episode together in Barbados.
Oprah admitted: ''I thought she would have been kind of a bad-ass kind of a rocker hard-edge woman -- nothing could have been farther from the truth.
''She was thoughtful. She was very emotional. She was vulnerable.''
Chris and Rihanna have since reconciled and even collaborated musically this year amid rumours the pair still have feelings for each other.
Rihanna's full interview with Oprah will air in the US on August 19.
- Seyfried felt more attractive with 'huge breasts' - 23 May 2013
- Mick Jagger to camp at Glastonbury - 23 May 2013
- Stacy Keibler wants rom-com role - 23 May 2013
- Denise Van Outen to join EastEnders - 23 May 2013
- Rihanna suing Topshop over 'unflattering' T-shirts - 23 May 2013
- Adele chooses Alan Carr to be godfather - 23 May 2013
- Janet Jackson becomes a billionaire - 23 May 2013
- Uzma: Lord Sugar's sacking 'made sense' - 23 May 2013