Pippa Middleton upset by Karl Lagerfeld
Pippa Middleton is ''devastated'' by Karl Lagerfeld's cruel taunts about her looks.
The legendary Chanel designer caused controversy last week when he said the party planner - the younger sister of Britain's Duchess Catherine - should ''hide her face'' but friends of the brunette beauty have advised her to retain a dignified silence.
A source told Closer magazine: ''Pippa's devastated by Karl's cruel comments - she's always been confident about her looks. But she doesn't want to retaliate and start a war of words. Her friends have tried to make her laugh about it as Karl is hardly a supermodel himself.''
Karl famously hit out at Pippa - who wowed onlookers with her pert posterior at her sister's wedding to Prince William in April 2011 - saying he did not think of her as a beauty like Catherine, who was known as Kate Middleton before she married.
He said: ''Kate Middleton has a nice silhouette and she is the right girl for that boy. I like that kind of woman, I like romantic beauties.
''On the other hand, her sister struggles. I don't like the sister's face. She should only show her back.''11-08-2012
- Heidi Klum is finished with marriage fairytale - 20 May 2013
- Demi Lovato is having tonsils removed - 20 May 2013
- Miley Cyrus inspired by fans on new song - 20 May 2013
- Chibnall isn't nervous about Broadchurch follow-up - 20 May 2013
- Mock The Week set for 12th series - 20 May 2013
- Beth Tweddle recognised for DOI than Olympics - 20 May 2013
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4 million tax bill - 20 May 2013
- Dwayne Johnson: Swollen penis was 'fun pain' - 20 May 2013