Madonna 'forgives' Elton John for stripper comments
Madonna has ''forgiven'' Sir Elton John for calling her a ''fairground stripper''.
The 54-year-old singer dedicated her song 'Masterpiece' - which won a Golden Globe award earlier this year - to the British star while performing in the French city of Nice on Tuesday (21.07.12), saying the pair had to ''start somewhere'' to end their long-running feud.
She told the crowd: ''I know he's a big fan of it. And I know he's a big fan of mine. And you know? I forgive him. Gotta start somewhere.''
There has been no love lost between the pair in recent months, with Elton initially furious after Madonna won the Golden Globe over his song 'Hello Hello' from his movie 'Gnomeo and Juliet', and his partner David Furnish branding her as ''desperate''.
Then recently Elton hit out at her recent MDNA tour, slamming her appearance and career choices.
He said: ''Why is she such a nightmare? Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger ****.
''If Madonna had any common sense she would have made a record like 'Ray of Light' and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly.
''But no, she had to go and prove ... she looks like a f***ing fairground stripper.''24-08-2012
- X Factor musical to be called I Can't Sing! - 23 May 2013
- David Threlfall to play Tommy Cooper - 23 May 2013
- Brand spotted kissing Sheridan - 23 May 2013
- Seyfried felt more attractive with 'huge breasts' - 23 May 2013
- Mick Jagger to camp at Glastonbury - 23 May 2013
- Stacy Keibler wants rom-com role - 23 May 2013
- Denise Van Outen to join EastEnders - 23 May 2013
- Rihanna suing Topshop over 'unflattering' T-shirts - 23 May 2013