Kim Kardashian settles lawsuit with Old Navy
Kim Kardashian has settled a lawsuit with clothing company Old Navy.
The reality TV star previously claimed the brand used a lookalike of her in one of its adverts last year, but the lawsuit has been dismissed in Los Angeles today (29.08.12) and the company agreed to pay the brunette beauty an undisclosed amount based on her claims.
While the exact terms of the settlement were not filed in court, both parties are said to be ''satisfied'' with the outcome.
Kim's lawyer Gary Hecker said: ''The lawsuit was resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the parties.''
A report last year revealed Kim was suing the clothing brand for unspecified damages, believed to be in the region of $15 million to $20 million.
The 31-year-old star was unhappy over the company's use of the model, Melissa Molinaro, who Kim said resembled her, in a commercial entitled 'Super C-U-T-E', because she thought it would confuse some consumers about her actual endorsements.
But an attorney for Old Navy claimed at a January hearing that Melissa - who is also a singer as well as model - is famous in her own right.
What's more, Melissa is said to have been dating Kim's ex-boyfriend Reggie Bush at the time.29-08-2012
- Christoph Waltz shaken after gunfire incident - 18 May 2013
- Russell Simmons congratulates Beyonce on pregnancy - 17 May 2013
- Kelly Osbourne seen naked by builder - 17 May 2013
- Kim and baby to join Kanye on tour - 17 May 2013
- Demi Moore and Harry Morton better off as friends - 17 May 2013
- Multiple sources: 'Beyonce Knowles is pregnant' - 17 May 2013
- Ariel Winter praises sister as 'amazing woman' - 17 May 2013
- Beyonce Knowles pregnant? - 17 May 2013