Lady Gaga foundation launches youth board
Lady Gaga's charity has launched a Youth Advisory Board.
The Born This Way Foundation - which aims to empower young people and give them more opportunities - invited 24 young people aged between 17 and 23 to Paramount Pictures in Los Angeles for a three-day summit to discuss how to create a ''kinder, braver'' world through the organisation.
Gaga's mother, Cynthia Germanotta - the foundation's president - said: ''The goal of the youth advisory board is to reflect and magnify the strength, determination, creativity, and capacity of our youth, and to have them provide insight on the issues that are most important to them.
''It is the ideas, concerns, and aspirations of these youth that will shape our working model. My daughter and I envisioned the foundation as a youth movement, and through these young leaders, we will learn how to best engage the youth of America in co-creating a kinder, braver world.''
The summit comes after the foundation unveiled its Born Brave Nation, which consists of groups of supporters who are dedicated to helping young people deal with challenges they face including homosexuality and bullying.
The new members of the youth advisory board will represent the viewpoints of other people their age.29-08-2012
- Amanda Bynes' doesn't need rehab - 25 May 2013
- Chris Brown renames puppy - 25 May 2013
- Chris O'Dowd took baths with Jason Segel - 25 May 2013
- Katy Perry thinks Robert Pattinson deserves better - 25 May 2013
- Jeremy Piven branded 'highly unprofessional' - 25 May 2013
- Randy Jackson wants 'Idol' to be about new talent - 24 May 2013
- Lily Aldridge has crush on Jennifer Lawrence - 24 May 2013
- Aaron Paul to marry this weekend - 24 May 2013