LL Cool J burglar pleads not guilty
The man who allegedly tried to burgle LL Cool J's home has pleaded not guilty.
Jonathan E. Kirby appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom on Tuesday (27.08.12), to enter his plea to charges of felony residential burglary.
He was seen sporting two black eyes, which alongside a broken jaw, nose and ribs, which he sustained when the rapper subdued him upon finding him in his home on August 22.
Jonathan faces 38 years to life in prison if convicted, due to his lengthy criminal record.
Neither LL - real name James Todd Smith - or any members of his family were harmed during the break-in, and nothing was apparently taken from their home.
Jonathan's bail has been set at $1.1 million.
Upon entering the 'Mama Said Knock You Out' rapper's home, the transient tripped an alarm which made the musician leap into action and tack the suspect.
Following their altercation, 'NCIS: Los Angeles' star LL ensured the culprit was booked on suspicion of burglary and taken to a hospital.29-08-2012
- EastEnders' Lauren Branning to be arrested - 22 May 2013
- Starlings series two to air in July - 22 May 2013
- Amelia Lily: Sharon's X Factor return is 'genius' - 22 May 2013
- Geri Halliwell has no Viva regrets - 22 May 2013
- Drew Barrymore selling Californian mansion - 22 May 2013
- Ke$ha slammed for drinking urine - 22 May 2013
- Kim's pregnancy lips are 'outta control' - 22 May 2013
- Emmerdale star Richard Thorp dies - 22 May 2013